Chair Caddy

Make a chair caddy! This is a craft idea for home schoolers, or younger children who spend most of their day in the same classroom at the same desk. It will help keep them organized. You can also make a version of this for your sewing chair.

First, measure the chair back. Make a square of heavy duty fabric (denim works great) with the bottom open - similar to a square pillow case. Slip it over the back of the chair to check the fit.

While on the back of the chair, pin on pockets (good way to recycle some old jeans). Make sure you have pockets sized to hold pens, pencils, glue, erasers, rulers, etc. You may chose to make your pockets out of the heavy duty clear vinyl (sold at Wal-mart in the fabric department). * Note: Pockets go on the backside, not where you lean your back.

Remove from chair, sew pockets on, and place back on chair and fill.

This will help keep students or seamstress organized.

Source: I made these for my preschool years ago and kind of forgot about them. But now, my family home schools, and my daughters and I are making these for the backs of our chairs. It seems the smaller school supplies always fall out of their cubbies or get on the floor and stepped on. This will put an end to that!

By April from NW MO

do you have a picture of one to show? great idea thanks!

What a great idea- I cant wait to make a few for gifts as well as one for myself! How clever-thanks so much for sharing!

Chairback Caddy
Making a Chair Caddy
Crafts SewingSeptember 2, 2008
Fixing Chair Caster Wheels
Fixing Chair Caster Wheels
mesh backed pneumatic office chair
Repairing a Pneumatic Chair
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
🎉
🎄