Need Centerpiece Ideas

I need a low cost centerpiece for 20 tables for a Ladies Day Out gathering at our church. The theme is "gentleness". I thought of kites (for the speaker's stage) and those toys that you blow to make turn (the gentle breeze). Can you give me some ideas how to put these or others ideas into a simple table decoration?

By Kathy from Ft Wayne, IN

You want a representation of gentleness in a center piece? If you have time find someone who does Origami and make tissue paper center pieces. Each centerpiece can be something unique. If you are within range of Peoria IL I can get you in touch with a young girl who does great Origami ( or did) and she used to make things for people at a very reasonable price.

The girl is only in her young teens and I know she is trying to save money to study abroad. So I have to mention her. But you may find someone in your area or you can try yourslef. Many Origami books between the library and a used bookstore.

I like the oparigami idea, and you're talking about Pinwheels! You could try a set of three or so (pick an odd number or match the number to the number of guests at each table) pinwheels in a small bucket of sand. Use crepe streamers along or around the tables (depending if the tables are rectangles or rounds.)