Use Car Alarm to Call for Help

I have a pal who lives on the same property with her brother, but in separate households. Recently her brother had a medical condition that put him in the hospital. He had a hard time making it to the telephone to call for his sister for help. They've since arranged for him to carry his car alarm remote with him at all times, so he can have the alarm to his vehicle go off, in case he has anymore problems due to his bad health at any time of the day or night.

When she hears his vehicle's car alarm going off, she'll know he's unable to get to the phone and go to help. This will work as long as he's able to hold the remote up to a window, for view of the vehicle.

By Terri from NV

This is a great idea!

You can also use it at home if you hear someone

trying to break into your home as long as you can see your car fairly close and through a glass door or

window. It would probably scare-off the intruder but

still call 911!

That's a very good idea. A short time back, here in the Dallas area, a lady was coming out of the grocery store with several bags of groceries. As she got to her car a guy tried to car jack her car. He also wanted her to go with him. She had her keyless remote in her hand and clicked on the horn button. She kept on blowing the horn and she scared him off. She kept her car from being hijacked, got help and saved herself from being hurt, raped, or even killed. I don't know that I would have had the presence of mind to do that, but now I keep my keys in my hand with my fingers on the remote whenever I am out and about.

Great idea! I suggest you do a "test drive" of your remote. Maybe it's the type of car or control, but I can click my car lock from inside with a door, a wall, and a very large hedge between the remote and the car - no need to be "seen" through a window to work. If yours works like mine, that removes one "thought process" step in that you just have to press the button!

Others have also suggested keeping the key fob by one's bed - in case you hear "intruders" or other unknown/unwanted sounds in the night the car alarm would/could scare them off.