Buy a Year's Worth of School Supplies in the Fall

We buy a years worth of school supplies once a year. Every year the stores such as Walmart, Target others put the school supplies on sale. Such as a box of crayons for 22 cents. Most families wait for the schools list to come out. It is the same supplies year after year. Pencils, markers, loose leaf paper, glues sticks so on. We have a huge tote that we keep with the supplies in them so as they need them we have them. Such as the lovely teenager tells you at 8:30pm that they need a new composition note book for school in the morning. We have them in the tote that we bought on sale for .50 cents verses $3.00 at 8:30pm at night or any other time of the day.

I have kids in 3 different schools and I do the same thing. And what doesn't get used this year will get used the next.

We have a hutch in the dining room that is full to the brim with discounted paper, binders, folders, pencils, book covers, etc. I fill it up every time they have the penny supplies at Staples and the deals after school starts.

You are one smart and frugal mom.

http://www.savingspotpourri.blogspot.com/

We do that, and we don't even have kids in school, LOL. School supplies are just as useful as home office supplies. We got notebooks at Wal-Mart this year for only a NICKEL each. I thought it was a typo!

I do this, and my kids are grown. I work with deprived children, and use them as prizes. They grab the pencils, erasers, notebooks, and appreciate them so much. It is very embarrassing for them to go to school without proper supplies.

As a retired teacher, I tried to buy at the beginning of the year too. Just a hint: many teachers love getting extra supplies for the classroom at Christmas time.

Im 12 and i know what you mean i ALWAYS NEED MORE NOTEBOOKS!!!! LOL -Lilly- Paris,France

Here's what I do - I don't have children but my nieces and nephews do - so all throughout the year when I see school supplies on sale - I buy them and put them in a big covered tub. When each of their little children started kindergarten then I put together a little "school" package for them with all the necessities they might need from their Great Aunt. I try to buy something geared toward each of them so it's personal when it's given.

We do this too. Buy up to have on hand, as we have grandsons going to school and sometimes they come over and say maw maw do you have any colors or do you have any paper. Of course they know that we have what they are asking for. lol

We do this too. Buy up to have on hand. We have grandsons going to school and sometimes they come over and say maw maw do you have any colors or do you have any paper? Of course they know that we have what they are asking for. lol. Of course their mom calls and says they need this or that and we don't have the time to go and get it, would you happen to have it...

Photo of a back pack, colored pencils, paper and other school supplies.
Saving Money on School Supplies
Parenting School SuppliesOctober 1, 2008
School Supplies
Organizing School Supplies
A backpack full of school supplies.
Finding Help Getting School Clothing and Supplies
Middle School Survival Kit
Making a Middle School Survival Kit
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School
🎄