Struggling Lemon Tree

My poor little lemon tree looks like it's dying. The leaves are drooping bad. I have an orange tree that is twice the size of the lemon tree and it's doing okay. It is rainy season here and it was fine until about 10 days ago. I brought it in to the overhang where it can still "see" sunlight but the rain can't get to it. I made a spray of 1 tbsp epsom salts to a gallon of water and misted the leaves only. I also cut off the baby lemons it had growing on it. Is there anything else I can/should do? I do give my trees citrus fertilizer once a month. Any help would be appreciated.

Hardiness Zone: 10b

Irene from South Florida

July 30, 2008 Flag

My friend has a lemon tree in really good soil, but on her lawn. It is not growing and looking deathly sick. It has leaves but they are yellow and sparse. She has tried feeding, water, tried the urine thing, but nothing seems to make it happy. Is it a lost cause? I'm not actually in zone 7a but that is what sort of climate it is, although over winter, which it is Autumn now, it gets down to as low as -1.

Jonty from NZ

Struggling Lemon Tree

If there is no other fruit tree in her area, she will constantly have problems of not growing well or producing good and edible fruit. Have her plant another tree or ask a neighbor if they would be interested in planting another fruit tree in the area. (04/13/2007)

By Monica

Struggling Lemon Tree

urine thing? (04/13/2007)

Struggling Lemon Tree

There is another lemon tree over the fence that is producing the most beautiful lemons, she has two different types of fruit in her yard, all are doing wonderfully. Oh hehehe the "urine thing" its got to do with the uric acid,in wee. Its really good for the tree, my nana had a orchard that produce lemons and she had 6 boys, hence its not appropriate for females to participate. :) (04/13/2007)

Lemons growing on a tree.
Growing Lemons
Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesJuly 29, 2008
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Lemon tree seedlings.
Growing Lemon Trees from Seed