Use Lingerie Bag to Wash Lettuce

I have a salad spinner, but I want to be sure the greens were as clean as possible, So I purchased a lingerie bag with a drawstring. I put the greens inside, fasten it up, and slush them through several rounds of clean water, take it outside, spin it around, and shake it. Even small pieces stay in. I turn it wrong side out over my salad bowl, or take out what I need and refrigerate the rest.(If it's too cold out, put it in the salad spinner). The bag can be washed in your washer, or dishwasher basket.

By Dixie from Newark, OH

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsAugust 19, 2010
Iceberg Lettuce
Growing Iceberg Lettuce
Head of green leaf lettuce.
Washing Lettuce
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Lettuce growing in a box.
Growing Lettuce
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:24:33 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.