Hearty Italian Soup
- 1 Italian sausage link, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper until sausage is browned; drain. Stir in tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, sugar, bouillon and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in macaroni. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Yields: 4 cups.
Source: Cooking for Two (Taste of Home)
By Connie from Cotter, AR
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 29, 2016 at 3:18:54 AM on 10.0.0.75 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us