Inspirational Romance Novels for Older Adults

I love to read the short inspirational novels, the Love Inspired and Harlequin, but they are all geared to younger adults. I would love to read stories about baby boomers or 50+. Does anyone know of a series or author that writes this type of novel?

By Wanda S.

These aren't exactly romance novels but romantic novels of the old type. I recommend anything by Daphne DuMaurier, the English novelist. Also, there were a lot of well-made novels written 1900-1960. Try to browse among those esp. those by female novelists.

A few years ago I heard that there was supposed to start being some of the Harlequin books that would be about senior citizens. But I never found any, so I'm guessing they must not have amounted to much. Today I just finished reading one in the Super Romance category that the main woman was in her 30s and the man was in his 40s. It is called Return to the Black Hills by Debra Salonen. It came out in April of this year. I couldn't get real interested in it, I thought it was kind of boring, but then the woman was into action type sports and thrills. The reason I picked it is because of the setting in SD, and I am from SD. I am 71 years old and don't mind reading about younger romance.

If you like a variety of stories that fall in the age group you mentioned you might want to try a copy of Reminisce magazine. I think I spelled that right. The same company that put out that magazine out puts out a similar one called Reminisce Extra I think. They are both diverse and I used to love reading the stories and articles of the mag. I don't know how often they are put out but a subscription would give you a variety of stories on a regular basis. There may even be books now with culminations of their stories over the years. They have been around a long time and I can only assume they are still around.I read them back in the 90's and enjoyed them quite a bit.

Why don't you write to Harlequin and request such things. It may not have occurred to them to try this age group. I think they would write stories for any age for which there was a market.

I write romance novels for baby boomers, but finding a publisher is like finding the needle in the proverbial haystack!

There are so many of us who are over fifty and want to read romance books where the hero and heroine are older. But, again, few - if any - publishers are accepting manuscripts for this age group. Harlequin did start a romance line with older characters some years ago, but they didn't continue it. I have written several category romances for an older market and, with luck and the right publisher, they will eventually be available. For the time being, my new book, All About Charming Alice, will be coming on on August 12th. It is published by Crimson Romance and the hero and heroine are certainly in their late forties or fifties!

Active Older Man
Entertainment and Activities for Older Adults
Entertainment BooksJuly 25, 2011
girl leaning on locker
Decorating Your School Locker
How Can Kids and Young Adults Make Money?
Prince Edward Island
Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island Frugal Travel Guide
Thanksgiving decorations.
Thanksgiving Poems