Remedies for Rope Burn

My Granddaughter was playing with a rope the other day and she put it around her neck and jumped off the porch when no one was looking. She now has a rope burn on her neck. We put a cold rag on it and later that night washed it in antibiotic soap and put an anticbiotic spray on it. Looks like it is ozing clear fluids and it also looks like it's starting to scab over. Is there anything else we can do?

Pam

No, if it looks infected, you'll have to deal with that, but if it's regular scabbing and clear fluid it sounds as though it is regular healing. A light dressing (ie: gauze), if the ooze is copious, other than that leave it open to air, keep it clean, and monitor.

Good Luck!

Treat as any abrasion-keep clean, cover with antibiotic ointment and bandage if needed, and make sure it won't get infected. And teach her to never ever put anything around her neck unless it belo9ngs there-like pearls!

The child needs to be seen by a doctor if there is any hint of infection.

she needs to be seen by a doctor & have her neck x-rayed,she may have injuries to her neck inside that you can't see. I did something similar when I was about 6 years old & for 44 years have had bad headaches. I have also been told that I have a hairline fracture in one of the vertabraes in my neck that has been there a long time that didn't heal properly. Now I have arthiritis in my neck because of it. If my parents would of had mine x-rayed they might have been able to correct the damage.

I agree with the other poster that she may need to see a doctor and about teaching her to NEVER put anything like a rope around her neck again. My husband uses vitamin E oil to prevent scarring. You might try that, so she won't have any scars around her neck

I need to know how to help ease the pain of a fresh rope burn on my hand, as I have school tomorrow and will be unable to write. So, if anybody knows of a quick way to ease the pain, I would love to know!

Editor's Note: Covering it with Vick's or Metholatum will sting a little at first but cover it so that the scab will stay soft and heal up nicely. It's an old trick from a Great Grandmother and it works. Make sure that the burn is clean before putting it on.

I currently have a rope burn on my neck and over this day I have been applying aloe vera plant on my burn and I can already see a bit of healing properties working. REMEMBER that you need to keep it on there all day

My little brother has rope burn and I need to know how I can treat him. I'm not sure where to find some antibiotic ointment and he says it hurts a lot.

Does anyone know quick a way to ease the pain of rope burn?

Editor's Note: I've used Metholatum or Vicks on rope burns. It will sting for a minute then covers it so it can heal and keeps the scabs soft so they don't crack. I was told this one years ago from my kids great grandma and it worked very well.

i recently got rope burn behind my knees from a dog leach and its the fourth of july and i want pain relief so i can walk anyone have any suggestions?

I was riding a bike , after dark and ran into a rope the school had put across the track around the football field, I got a long rope burn on my neck and called First Nurse for a remedy for the burning pain and she suggested Desitin or any cream with zinc oxide. It gave me instant relief from the burning and in the morning it only stung slightly and is starting to scab over.

I have rope burn on my hands from leading and holding my young donkey for 2 hours while being gelded, The nurse at my sons school put some vitamin E body oil on my hand and wrapped it and now it doesn't burn any more, but, it will also help with scarring and healing the tissue.

I was holding on to a rope a and swinging on it over a pool repeatedly and the skin on my fingers is peeled and burned and i need to know how to get rid of it! I have school in 2 days and can't hold anything tight :(please help

I'm 18 years old and recently found my leg being strung up in a rope on my boat out on the lake. Turns out it's a 3rd degree burn. It was very white and was painful at first, but not nearly as painful as it is now. I've been to the doctor and the only thing that can really be done is to take antibiotics, keep it moist with neosporin (plus pain relief if necessary) and keep it covered. I may possibly be getting a skin graft, but just goes to show you how dangerous ropes can be!

I have really bad rope burn on the back of my leg under my knee. It's been like this for a week and has only got worse. I've done everything I've been told to do and it now stings and burns, it looks red and white. I cant bend my leg straight of bend it to walk properly. What can I do? Someone said to put creams on it, someone else said to go to the doctors.

I have burn my fingers and my palms of my hands by sliding down from palm tree, and have a lot of pain in the burned areas and now yellow. What is the best? Need HELP

I have one on the bone on my wrist from the dog lead. I've covered it up put cream on but today when I went to change the cover it's oozing out orangy type fluid. Could this be an infection?

I got it on my foot and ankle on a school trip to the bahamas climbing a rope. Don't let anybody step on your rope burn. Mine was stepped on like 5 times and it really slowed down the healing process. Use a bandaid too keep out dirt and bacteria (and sand in my case), and be very nice to your burn. I think I could have been a little nicer, and now I have pigment damage where the burns were. They took about a month to heal.

I have to keep my dog on a rope because she likes to jump the fence, so I was out playing with her, my foot was wrapped around the rope, then I got a horrible burn. I don't know what to do with it. It's one little space on a ruler for centimeters deep. It feels like my foot is on fire and I can't do a thing about it. Please help me, I'm only 13.

I got rope burn today. I was riding my horse bareback with just a halter and lead he broke gait and i couldn't pull him up considering his hard to control even with a bit in his mouth. Anyway I just kept sliding up his wither then onto his neck. Next thing I know I was over his head n under his front legs lol.

All is well just rope burn that kills. Any ideas to help. I see lots of people say vicks. At the time I only had ointment for horses and a tube of zinc. I put that on it seemed ok with it just to sort of moisturize. I put ice on it too which was ok but any other ideas?

I'm 18 and I am a Traceur and a Gymnast. The other day I climbed the rope that the Gym had and when i was coming down I was showing off how fast I could climb down and I started falling and gripped the rope, but it burned the living daylight out of my left hand and my finger. I keep a bandaid on it and clean it every night. I still do my Parkour and Gymnastics.

A nice thing for rope burns is aloe; if you have an aloe plant you can just break off the leaves and the goopy stuff inside works like magic on rope burns! If you don't have fresh aloe, most supermarkets and pharmacies sell aloe vera gel. Aloe vera doesn't heal like fresh aloe, but it can 'cool down' your rope burn. You know, take away that "Augh! My ____ is on fire!" sensation. Trust me, I know. I was rock climbing - the kind with a rope and harness - and I lost my grip. I fell down while sliding down the rope, and I got the most painful rope burn ever!

Ice & ice water! I've had burns & rope burns over the years, usually on the hand & I keep my hand in ice water & pull it out & when the pain returns, plop it back in for as long as I can stand it, & repeat this until the pain stops. This can take a couple of hours. OF COURSE if you have SERIOUS burns you must go to the hospital, but for 1st degree burns this does the trick!

Vitamin E. I am in the circus and I do an act called Spanish Web witch is a rope that I climb and do tricks on, so I get rope burns quite frequently. Just go to walmart, Publix, Welgreens, ext. and pick up some Vitamin E soft gels. Crack one open or poke a hole in it a squeeze some on the wound. It heals twice as fast. I have used this trick for years!

I am an equestrian and in other terms i ride horses. So now i guess you could only imagine how many rope burns i get, so i have learned hoe to treat them. so what i do is soak my hands in peroxide and wait for the oozing to stop and wipe my hand with the burns with a clean towel. and what i recommend is neosporin or vasoline. so what ever you choose to use i cover the burn in the ointment of your choice, in gauze and wrap medical tape around your finger with some slack so you don't hurt yourself. than once you have finished that you will need an ace wrap and cut it large enough to wrap around your burn at least twice. And the last part is securing the ace wrap around your finger. i recommend a hair tie, wrapped around as many times you choose. And that is all i hope this helps you as much as it helps me have a great rest of your day.

Remedies for Rope Burn
Health & BeautySeptember 20, 2005
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Making a Rope Swing
Making a Rope Swing
🎉
🎄