Picasa: Free Photo Organizer From Google

I downloaded pictures I took while on vacation at my brothers farm. I wanted to make a scrapbook for them of all the animals and kids. I got them off my new camera and onto the computer no problem. Then I meant to delete one picture and accidentally deleted them all. I was devastated.

Someone had told me about Picasa to share and also do some cool editing of my photos. So I downloaded it, for free. It searches for all the pictures on your computer. Well, it found all my pictures that I thought we gone. I was so happy, so I suggest if anyone wants to find pictures or just do some cool editing and sharing to try this out.

By micksgirl from Paducah, KY

The last software from Google that I downloaded had a very interesting entry in the End User License Agreement that said by agreeing to install their software, you also gave them the right to UPDATE all of their software on YOUR computer at THEIR convenience no matter you may be doing. If you don't mind this, then Picasa seems to be a handy program.

I came across Picasa maybe five years ago. I find it is easier to use than Kodak program although I have to use Kodak to first get pictures from digital camera and mini-cam photos/videos in Sony program before they can be added to Picasa. I did find that you have to be careful if you delete something in Picasa it may also delete it from the original program. I once did that by accident and it was gone from Sony program, yet done on purpose at times they are not deleted from other programs. Great to get all my photos/videos all in one spot. Didn't seem to have any problems sending them by e-mail, but don't do it very often.

May 18, 2009 Flag

"Picasa is software that helps you instantly find, edit and share all the pictures on your PC. Every time you open Picasa, it automatically locates all your pictures (even ones you forgot you had) and sorts them into visual albums organized by date with folder names you will recognize. You can drag and drop to arrange your albums and make labels to create new groups. Picasa makes sure your pictures are always organized."

<script type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

If you use this photo organizer, feel free to post feedback about it in the feedback forum below.

Answers:

Free Photo Organizer From Google

I really liked this program. Thanks (05/05/2006)

By Christi

Free Photo Organizer From Google

Picasa is the bestand easiest photo organizer that I've ever used. (05/09/2006)

By Ace

Free Photo Organizer From Google

I've used this for awhile and absolutely LOVE it! :) I&'ve found pictures I thought I'd lost on my PC with this! :) (05/09/2006)

By kidseatfree

Free Photo Organizer From Google

I would like to try this. I have heard so much good stuff about it thanks (05/10/2006)

By Fred

Free Photo Organizer From Google

I just downloaded Picasa. You were right! There are pictures on there that I thought I would never be able to retrieve again! Thanks for the tip! (05/15/2006)

By moonflower5985

Free Photo Organizer From Google

I find that I cannot email any of these pictures. AOL does not support it and getting Gmail is like pulling teeth unless you have a text messaging phone. Any suggestions to help me would be appreciated. I like this software and organization of photos, but can't email them as of now. Thanks! (05/28/2006)

By janlee1513

Free Photo Organizer From Google

I have Outlook Express and I have had no trouble e-mailing pictures from Picasa (05/30/2006)

By prism

Free Photo Organizer From Google

The only problem I've had with e-mailing pics from outlook express is that they seem to get sent twice. (06/01/2006)

By Bliss

Consumer Advice FreebiesMay 18, 2009
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
🎄