Cottage Pie

Ingredients

• 2 lbs. ground beef
  • Italian seasoning (to taste)
  • 1/2 cup beef broth
  • flour
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can peas
  • Ad
  • 4 medium potatoes, cooked and mashed
  • 1/2 stick butter

Directions

Brown the ground beef and drain grease. Stir in the Italian seasoning and beef broth. Slowly add the flour until thick. In a 9x13 inch greased pan put a layer of the meat mixture on the bottom. Add the corn and peas and top with the mashed potatoes. Put pads of butter on top of the potatoes and bake at 375 degrees F until the potatoes are slightly browned.

By Robin from Washington, IA

This sounds delicious so I'd like to try it. One question though: How much time would this take in a normal oven? I don't have the time to keep checking and my oven has no light. Thanks.

Also, will the resulting pie be solid (i.e. the flour will bind everything together) or will it simply be a loose mixture of meat and veggies with gravy? I'd prefer it to be solid so I'm wondering if additional flour and eggs would be a binder. Or mix the raw meat with everything (except the mash potato) together to form a meatloaf, and then top it with a mash potato crust.

Shepherd's Pie Recipes, A classic mash potato topped shepaherd's pie.
Shepherd's Pie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesOctober 17, 2008
Cottage Cheese Salad
Cottage Cheese Salad Recipes
Cantaloupe With Cottage Cheese
Cantaloupe With Cottage Cheese
Cottage Cheese
Freezing Cottage Cheese
pecan pie
Freezing Pecan Pie
🎉
🎄