Computer Tips for Seniors

For our senior citizens. This is for those of us with brain fog and using computers. I keep an address book to keep up with passwords and sign in info. It stays right in a drawer or by the computer. Buy printer paper when it is on sale. I also use photo paper from the dollar tree. My cousin showed me that printing on notebook paper works out good. I use calligraphy ink for refills. I have a chair with arms on it I have been known to fall asleep.

By Bozomom from Eastern NC

Never, EVER keep passwords near your computer! If a burglar breaks into your house, he'd be able to wipe out the cash in your bank accounts, using your bank web site log in information!

With fibromyalgia, I have massive brain fog, too...but I just use the same alphanumeric password on all my accounts. Far safer than writing things down. ;-)

I'd really like to know how to put calligraphy ink in my cartridges. Do you know if you can use this on all brands of inkjet printers? And I totally agree about not keeping your passwords near your computer if important ones are in there.

After having my computer crash and losing all my programed passwords, I too maintain a list of all passwords and important info. I use a steno pad I got at a yard sale for a dime! I like the address book (dollar stores carry them) idea, since I have to scan through many site titles to find what I need. Thank You for the great tip. Oh, I am 58 and disabled.

I keep passwords of all the sites I visit in a loose leaf binder notebook. It's not labelled, although I have slipped in a photo of my pet on the front cover. I section it off alphabetically w/tab dividers. I keep it in a bookcase, along with many other books. No one knows it's my online address book, unless they take the time to leaf through my bookcase, find the binder, leaf through that. Find my bank address and log in, and I suppose transfer money out? What burglar has time to sit around and do all that?

A senior man using a computer.
Teaching Seniors to Use a Computer
Computers TipsJanuary 4, 2009
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard, Photo of a laptop keyboard.
Laptop Computer Tips and Tricks
senior aged woman planting strawberries
Gardening Tips for Seniors
🎉
🎄