Removing Fused Interfacing

Need sewing advise. I added Pellon fusible non-woven interfacing to the front and back of an evening bolero jacket (per the pattern instructions) and I do not like the stiffness. Does anyone know how to remove the fused interfacing?

Rose from Malvern, PA

I've been through this & it's not fun... & the truth is, sometimes it's impossible to remove it, but if you want to give it a try, what you do is take a piece of light colored 100% cotton fabric & lay it over the interfacing, then just iron the cotton it until the interfacing underneath it warms up enough to get a corner pulled up, then slowly keep warming up the interfacing & pulling it up while it's warm (or hot)... Depending on how well you've fused it & how long it's been sitting will decide if it will or won't come away from the fabric. But remember this Pellon is MADE to be washed, dried & dry-cleaned without coming up...

* You could also e-mail the Pellon company & ask them.

You've probably used an interfacing that was just a wee bit thicker than was needed for that particular fabric. I've done this many times when I've not had the interfacing I needed, but now, I recently stocked up on different kinds when it was 50% off, so hopefully this won't happen to me again. I personally like the knitted interfacing, the one for knits because it moves & bends a little when you do.

Just iron again on the interfacing until it heats up and peel if off. I've not had any trouble doing this before but it is difficult to remove any left over goo. Good Luck!

shelf of interfacing
Using Interfacing
Crafts SewingMay 9, 2008
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Making Fused Glass Art
Making Fused Glass Art
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield