Recipes for Canning Peppers

I would like to know if anyone knows how to fry down green peppers and can them?

By Lauralcchick from Fairmont, WV

I don't know about canning them but I'd just freeze them.

Here's a link for a good detailed informational how to with recipe:

http://www.jalapenomadness.com/preserve_jalapenos_canning.html

Peppers also freeze really, really well and all you have to do is wash them, dry well and place them whole in freezer bags. :-)

June 7, 2011 Flag

I am a first time gardener and I have have an overabundance of jalapeno and sweet banana peppers. I am looking for a good recipe to can them.

By June

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I had the same situation and used a "quick canning" recipe I found on the Food Network site. I was very pleased with the results. I had some red chili peppers and I added a few slices into each jar to give them some "kick" and was very pleased with the results.

September 18, 2009 Flag

I need a recipe for canning mild or sweet peppers. I have four plants and I have a lot of peppers. They are the long sweet peppers.

Darlene from MS

Answers:

Recipes for Canning Peppers

I don't know about canning them, but I'd just freeze them. (06/19/2008)

By Glenn'sMom

Recipes for Canning Peppers

Here is a recipe I got from a girl I work with. I have never made this, but she gave me a jar she made and it was outstanding. You can make it hot or mild depending on what type of pepper(s) you use. It makes a chunky jardinere that's excellent on a beef sandwich.

She weighs it down by putting a plate on top and then uses a brick to hold it down. (06/20/2008)

By Mary Moo

Recipes for Canning Peppers

I can peppers every year and I always use the same recipe for all peppers sweet or hot. I'm doing banana peppers now.

Put the peppers in hot jars. Boil water, vinegar, and salt for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring. Pour over the peppers and seal. (09/05/2008)

By maggymay3

Recipes for Canning Peppers

I grate cabbage, put oil and salt in and also grated onion. Stuff Banana peppers. Put in jars and make a brine of 1 part vinegar and two parts water. Put in a pan of very hot water and leave until water cools. Put one clove of garlic in. This is also good if you put in a hot pepper. (09/08/2008)

By Steve mom

Food and Recipes Canning VegetablesSeptember 18, 2009
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Selecting Good Bell Peppers
Storing Bell Peppers
Pile of fresh cherries in front of a jar of cherry jam.
Canning Cherries
🎉
🎄