Keep-sake Ivy Bowl

This is a super easy craft and an attractive way to display unusual collectibles.

• ivy bowl - obtainable at most department and hobby stores.
  • Ad
  • decorative sand - I get mine at Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart. My daughter Anna loves to do sand painting and I get it in small bags in different colors. You could use regular sand also.
  • your collectible

I made the Ivy bowl to display crystals that Ed (my husband) and Anna found and gave to me from a hike in the woods. Ed brought the little prospector back from a conference out West and gave to me as a keep-sake for my shadow box. Anna had been sand painting and had some sand left over.

1. I took the sand and layered it in the bottom of the ivy bowl.
  2. On top of the sand I arranged my treasures.

You see the result. I've had a lot of compliments on it. I also have a display of shells and sand dollars done in the same way. To keep dust out of the display, I placed a clean medium size cup lid (from a McDonalds cup) at the top of the bowl. I put the lid upside and it fits nicely in the neck of the bowl.

There are a lot of attractive ways of displaying unusual items. Just use your imagination.

Happy Crafting!

By Ann Davis from Conway, AR

Keepsakes in an ivy bowl.

You are so ingenious! I would never have thought of such a lovely way to display beautiful rocks and crystals! And to think up a way to keep them dust-free amazes me. Congrats on your ingenuity and keep up the good work. God bless you!

Man Holding Keepsake from Paris
Creative Ideas for Displaying Keepsakes
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsMay 4, 2007
Ivy on a building.
Removing Ivy From a Building or Home
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Ivy Cutting
Growing Ivy
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants