Use Cooking Bags in Crockpots that Don't Have a Removable Liner - Categories:

Cooking TipsFood Tips

Use Cooking Bags in Crockpots that Don't Have a Removable Liner

When I use my older crockpot that doesn't have a removable crock I use one of the cooking bags for a large roast or chicken (or even the turkey size cut down). I put everything inside, twist the top shut, and put the cover on. When finished, remove the whole thing with no clean-up. I have also kept two soups warm at the same time with 2 different bags. Just put the soups in the bags while hot and keep on low to serve at the same time!

By Kimmie

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

That's a very good idea; however there are special crock pot liners out now....I have no idea how much they cost as I've never felt the need to use. I think Reynold's makes them. I don't especially like cleaning a crock pot. I have a large one with removeable crock and then a smaller one w/o. I find I don't like to use the smaller one since it is harder to wash but if you rinse the crock pot, fill with hot soapy water and let soak overnight, it is much easier to clean. Those liners would probably be a real nice convenience.

If you put some baking soda along with a few drops of liquid dish soap into the hot water, you won't have to soak it all night. It only takes a few minutes or so (while your eating). I always have a shaker of baking soda beside my sink for sprinkling into pots and pans with sticky stuff in them. Works for me. Good luck!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsJune 17, 2004
Panty Liners
Cleaning a Stuck Panty Liner From Clothing
Knitted Sweaters
Making a Liner for a Knitted Sweater
Drawer Liner
Uses for Drawer Liner
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:50:45 PM on 10.0.1.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.