Look For Giveaway Dishes For Food Gifts

For giving cake, cookies or candy at Christmas, to new neighbors or a sick friend, I look a garage sales, Goodwill or sales at retail stores for containers. Today at the General Dollar Store, they had their summer dinnerware on sale for half price. I got eight nice sized, bright colored dinner plates for a total of $2.50. They will make great plates for the rum cakes I give away at Christmas and look so much better than just a paper plate.

By Jane from Piqua, OH

This is a nice poem to tape to the bottom of the plate, I don't know the author...

Giving Plate

"This plate is made for giving

And I'm giving it to you

It's made of things that I like

And I hope you like them too!

And when this plate is empty

And the things on it are gone

I hope you'll fill it up again

To let the Giving Plate give on!"

I like the poem. It is so cute. That makes the present worth extra special. The baked goods could be so-so, but the poem makes the gift special. It shows you have put some thought into the gift.

What a generous, loving thing to do, and what a lovely poem to add to the plate. I think some of us might be interested in your rum cake recipe, if you're willing to share that too.

Jane, I have done the same thing! I didn't have the neat poem, though. I just told the person to pass it on. I'll use the poem next time. Thanks

Gifts That Cost Nothing
Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts HomemadeJuly 31, 2007
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
Cleaning Dishes
Cleaning Greasy Dishes
preparing gingerbread cookies as a gift
Homemade Christmas Presents for Adults