Make Pan Liners from Paper Bags

When baking layer cakes, I cut pan liners out of brown paper bags. I lay the pan down on a bag and draw around it, then cut it out. If there is any printing on the bag, put it face down. This way, you never have to grease the pans or worry about the layers sticking and tearing.

After cooling 10 minutes in the pans, I run a butter knife around the edges to loosen, then turn the cake over onto my hand, peel off the paper, and turn the cake back over onto a cooling rack.

Source: my mother

By karenbuddy from Mobile, AL

Not a good idea. Paper bags may have certain bonding agents or insectisides or chemicals that might be harmful. Best to use parchment paper that is made to come in contact with cooked foods.

Cake Baking Tips And Tricks
Cake Baking Tips And Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsSeptember 7, 2010
sewing
Making Your Own Panty Liners
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
Two chocolate cake layers in pans on a cooling rack
Preventing Cakes from Sticking to a Cake Pan
Newspapers
Making Paper Bags From Newspaper
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 1:59:43 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.