Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set

My daughter has made some fudge that isn't setting. What can she add to thicken it? I thought of cornstarch, but we don't know how much or if it will change the flavor. I hope someone can help us out.

By Linda from Bloomington, IL

Best Answer

I think the only thing that might work is adding powdered sugar a bit at a time until it gets to the point that it will hold its shape. I did that once when I was making pecan logs and the center part just would not hold its shape. I added powdered sugar until it did and didn't waste a drop. It takes some work to mix it all in though.

Do not add powder sugar. This will make it toooo sweet,

Put it in microwave till it starts to boil, then beat it

If the fudge did not set up, please don't throw it in the garbage. Use the fudge as frosting, and use it to frost some cookies or frost the top of a cake.

Not really a solution as such, apart from adding more sugar or something to thicken the mixture a little bit more, why not make a fudge cake out of the mixture instead of chucking it away the sugar and butter are already there! Just add flour and two eggs and a little bacarbanate of soda you may have to heat the mixture slightly to mix in the flour, but very possible to make, as a guide all I do is put enough flour untill it slowly drops of the spoon put in a large cake bowl/tray 180 degrees for about an hour I used a slow cooker bowl, worked for me!

I had that problem with the fudge that I made this afternoon. So this is the recipe that I have for fudge.

2 packages- semi-sweet baking chocolate chips

1 can condensed milk, 14-oz can

1 teaspoon vanilla

melt the chocolate chips with the milk on the stove top till chocolate is just about melted. Then add vanilla, stir till fully set. Line pan (8x8 aka 8" is a good size) with wax paper. Then pour into pan will set in 2 hours. Then cut into squares.

Well I did just as it had said but set it for 5 hours and never set. So I came online here and did the powder sugar, vanilla pudding instance mix and four jumbo Marshmallow then I had stir for 20 minutes or longer till it looked like it should be cake / brownie mix.

I have thrown out so many batches of gritty frosting until I did one simple step - put a lid on your pot for the slow boiling time. I even leave the lid on when I take it off the stove to cool ... worked perfectly - no grainy frosting! Hope this works for you.

my fudge came out soft, So I am going to Buy a bag of pretzels and place the not quit as hard as it should be fudge square apon a pretzel:))

Making Fudge
Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceDecember 16, 2010
Easy Fudge Recipes
Easy Fudge Recipes
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipes
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
Jam That Didn't Set
Uses for Jam That Didn't Set