Is a wedding invitation mailed to the parents of the groom?

Mrs. W from Picayune, MS

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I would mail them an invitation. They might want it as a keepsake. Parents are like that.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Carla J. Sanders 3 65 Flag

Absolutely - provided they're invited! As should the parents of the bride.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Rosemary 2 24 Flag

MY DAUGHTER MAILED ONE TO ME(MOTHER OF BRIDE) AND THEY MAILED ONE TO HER FATHER AS WELL AS THE GROOM'S PARENTS....SO IN AN ANSWER------YES

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By susan 8 1,368 Flag

Why do you ask? I hope this is just an innocent question.

Of course it's always proper to send an invitation, out of common courtesy if nothing else.

But if someone forgot to send one because he/she was just busy with all the other arrangements, I'd just let it go and not make a big deal of it. Maybe it was used for a forgotten family member, and they'd fallen short on invitations, so they assumed the groom's parents wouldn't mind. Sometimes you can just be a few too short and don't have the extra money to purchase another lot of them. If this happened to you, I hope you would not take it as an insult, but rise above the situation. I'd hate to see a family start off their lives together over a fight on something this small. (I only mention this because my own father has a mean streak, and will often let some petty annoyance be an excuse to start a major family fight.)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

My son is getting married and the brides parents are paying for the wedding. We gave them [my son and his fiance] almost enough money for everyone we invited to the wedding, but she did not even include our names on the invite. We did not want to be recognized as hosting only as my sons name as the son of Mr and Mrs. Are we wrong? My son voiced his opinion to his fiance and she still did it her way behind his back. This is what really scares me if they start off that way.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Weddings InvitationsSeptember 30, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Groom's Dinner Ideas
Groom's Dinner Ideas
Wedding Dress Sale square
Saving Money on a Wedding Dress
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 11:34:36 AM on 10.0.1.210 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings