Is a wedding invitation mailed to the parents of the groom?

Mrs. W from Picayune, MS

I would mail them an invitation. They might want it as a keepsake. Parents are like that.

Absolutely - provided they're invited! As should the parents of the bride.

MY DAUGHTER MAILED ONE TO ME(MOTHER OF BRIDE) AND THEY MAILED ONE TO HER FATHER AS WELL AS THE GROOM'S PARENTS....SO IN AN ANSWER------YES

Why do you ask? I hope this is just an innocent question.

Of course it's always proper to send an invitation, out of common courtesy if nothing else.

But if someone forgot to send one because he/she was just busy with all the other arrangements, I'd just let it go and not make a big deal of it. Maybe it was used for a forgotten family member, and they'd fallen short on invitations, so they assumed the groom's parents wouldn't mind. Sometimes you can just be a few too short and don't have the extra money to purchase another lot of them. If this happened to you, I hope you would not take it as an insult, but rise above the situation. I'd hate to see a family start off their lives together over a fight on something this small. (I only mention this because my own father has a mean streak, and will often let some petty annoyance be an excuse to start a major family fight.)

My son is getting married and the brides parents are paying for the wedding. We gave them [my son and his fiance] almost enough money for everyone we invited to the wedding, but she did not even include our names on the invite. We did not want to be recognized as hosting only as my sons name as the son of Mr and Mrs. Are we wrong? My son voiced his opinion to his fiance and she still did it her way behind his back. This is what really scares me if they start off that way.

Weddings InvitationsSeptember 30, 2006
Bridal Shower Invitation
Wording for a Bridal Shower Invitation
Couple Going to Prom
Saying Yes to a Prom Invitation
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Groom's Dinner Ideas
Groom's Dinner Ideas
🎉
🎄