Uses for Baby Wipes

I have seen couple of great ideas for using baby wipes and I have a couple of my own I would like to share. I keep a pack of store brand ones in my car for quick cleanup of sticky hands, face, etc. I also take along a pack or tub of them when we go to the river in summer for get togethers (my family has a lot of those), I have even used them to wipe down the inside of my car, makes it smell real nice. By jmz2005 from IL

Baby wipes also come in handy to clean up quick spills on your carpets. Especially Huggies they get out most stains before they set in. Ü

Cleans my rubber stamps during a stamping session

You can also get some stains out of your clothing if you happen to be out and about when you have a spill.

I like to keep a container near the toliet for use on adults . Makes you feel nice and fresh every time you use the potty.

I use Kirkland's Signature Premium Baby Wipes (sold at Costco) in place of a washcloth. They are great for cleansing face, use in the shower to cleanse ears and neck. They are sold in large box, share the box and cost with a friend and they are very economical.

Many other uses including cleaning shoes.

Wipes are great not only for the uses above but for cleaning any vinyl or leather surface. The texture of the wipe really grabs the dirt off these surfaces. So the dashboard, sticky steering wheel, and other car surfaces, leather couch or car seats, bike seats, shoes, etc.

I love them for cleaning the toilet and other bathroom surfaces. We don't flush them, though. They don't disintigrate like toilet paper and I am afraid of a clog, and now that we're on a septic system I don't think it would be good for that either.

Love the idea for cleaning rubber stamps, Diana!

Get cheap babywipes at a dollar store by getting one plastic container and refills. Then work your house over. I have found they clean walls, stoves, floors, tub, tile, potties, you name it (except mirrors). No time for a bath? Rub yourself down with them - you'll feel fresher and smell clean. Wipe them over your pets. Clean your shoes. I've even dusted wood furniture with no problem. I think wiping my face with them daily has kept my skin clear, also. They're great!!

This might sound a little "overly cautious", but I very rarely catch a cold or flu. I use a baby wipe and some hand sanatizer when I leave my HMO pharmacy, which is always full of people coughing and sniffling. I also do this during cold and flu season when I leave the grocery store and when I attend conferences with thousands of people. For times when there isn't a handy place to wash hands.

Also, great at conferences to take a "freshen up sponge bath" - I keep them in a zip lock baggie and sprinkle some witchhazel on them (if I can find at drug store). Really great after dances and on hot days.

Sitting on public toilets makes me a little bit uncomfortable, so instead of laying down toilet paper I carry around some baby wipes with me. After wiping the seat down I feel much better about the situation.

The tip regarding not flushing "wipes" is very important. I used them during a very bad case of stomach flu and had to call a plumber. There are types which are marked "flushable", but I am very leery of even them now. If you leave a box for visitors to use, that should be made clear as even a few can be disastrous.

Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
Home and Garden Cleaning ProductsFebruary 22, 2006
Baby Wipes
Saving Money on Baby Wipes
Open baby wipes container.
Uses for Baby Wipes Containers
homemade boogie wipes
Homemade Boogie Wipes
Baby Wipes
Rehydrating Baby Wipes
🎉
🎄