Squirrels Eating Watermelon Flowers

I couldn't figure out what was eating the flowers on my watermelon and green peppers until I caught a squirrel eating them, even though I use a fence along with rabbit and squirrel deterrent spray. The only thing that helped in the past was a pantyhose leg over the plant flowers. That looks kind of tacky, though. Are there any other ways to keep the squirrel from getting to the plants and eating the flowers?

By Jackie

If you have a dog or cat, after groomimg put animal hair around your plants this sometimes helps keep wild animals away.

growing watermelon
Growing Watermelons
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJune 23, 2011
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Squirrel sitting.
Squirrels Eating Tomatoes
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)
Watermelon Sorbet
Watermelon Sorbet Recipes