Squirrels Eating Watermelon Flowers

I couldn't figure out what was eating the flowers on my watermelon and green peppers until I caught a squirrel eating them, even though I use a fence along with rabbit and squirrel deterrent spray. The only thing that helped in the past was a pantyhose leg over the plant flowers. That looks kind of tacky, though. Are there any other ways to keep the squirrel from getting to the plants and eating the flowers?

By Jackie

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If you have a dog or cat, after groomimg put animal hair around your plants this sometimes helps keep wild animals away.

growing watermelon
Growing Watermelons
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJune 23, 2011
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Squirrel sitting.
Squirrels Eating Tomatoes
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)
Watermelon Sorbet
Watermelon Sorbet Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:00:11 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.