Shopping for Clothes In New York

I'm going on a 5 day shopping trip to NY in Jan and want to know what outlet centres I should visit. I will be looking for clothes for 15 year old boy and for petite 40+ lady.

Mum from Ireland

You should shop the hippie stores, and stay away from the Isle od Manhattan where everything literally costs an arm and a leg. I am talking 1,000 of dollars. Stay in other island to shop. Shop the gift shops too. Thrift stores should be listed in the yellow pages by island names. Try New Jersey as well. Try to keep it down to under 500 dollars you will be happy. Wal-Mart and The Super Center Wal-Mart are good places for clothes shopping in New York City, and You may want to try upstate New York as well. They have quaint shops every town till Lake Eerie. Good luck.""Don't shop til you drop""

Thanks Tanya, I can't wait.

Are the Outlet Stores worth going to, a friend said Jersey Gardens is good, anyone got info on that, please?

Century 21 in the Financial District is a fun place with tons of stuff that isn't outrageous. Lots of great finds if you have the time.

Happy shopping!

My daughter and I just got back from there. I second the Century 21. That was the best "outlet" type store we could find. i don't know of any outlet places on the island, but I would suggest walking around and hitting the stores that are unique to NYC. Outlet malls are everywhere, so enjoy all the interesting, different stores that inhabit the city. Most should be having some good sales now. I suggest going to tripadvisor.com and go to the NYC forum - there are a million ideas for shopping, eating, etc. by people who have been there or live there. Have a great time! We were only there 2 1/2 days and magaged to spend more money than I care to admit...

woodbury mall in central valley, ny is popular w/ many shoppers, according to my cousin who lives in dublin. she's coming in october, and it's on her list of things she must do. about 80 miles north of nyc. maybe there's a bus

Hey! Manhattan can be great to shop if you know where to go! My cousins come from Ireland & England every year just to shop here. Try Broadway between 72nd & 85th Streets - a number of discount stores there including Filene's Basement and Loehmann's. Zabar's Delicatessen has a terrific selection of foods and kitchenware and Barnes & Nobles has a huge selection of books. Buses & subways make it very convenient. There are no Walmarts in NYC, but Century 21 is an excellent suggestion, too.

My cousins from Ireland just left and they loved the NJ Gardens outlets. It is right by Newark Airport.

I also like Woodbury commons.

Thanks everyone, sounds like I'll have a great time, now I just have to start saving!

I'm currently in California but I was born and raise in NYC the best places to go shopping is 34th St in Manhattan!! They have MACYS and right behind that store there is a store called CONWAY and it's the best. They have everything there. Weekends they do get crowded and be prepared to find great deals like 15 dollar designer jeans. There are lots of stores around there and while your there check out the Empire State Building, just two blocks from Macys.

Take the train. Driving in that area and to find parking can be bad unless you are willing to spend 10 dollars an hour on parking in a lot. There is an outlet mall upstate New York almost two hours from the city.

Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New York Christmas Charities
New York, New York
New York, NY Frugal Travel Guide
New York Cheesecake
New York Cheesecake Recipes
🎄