Hot Water Could Cause Kidney Stones in Pets

Some time ago I read in one of the newsletters that as you are waiting for the hot water to warm up, you can give that water to you dogs. In speaking to my veterinarian, she said that the minerals from the hot water tank would cause kidney stones and not to give water from the hot water tank to the pets.

By Marilyn

Save the Earth ... it's the only planet with chocolate!

I too have heard that water from the hot water tank is not good for people or animals. But it is good for watering house plants.

Uh...why not just give them water from the cold spicket? Do you drink the water from the hot tap, before the water gets hot?

Uh, I too am stumped by this. Why would you give hot water to a pet? Am I missing something?

I don't think this means to give them HOT water, but to give them the water that is running while you are waiting for it to get hot. With that said, the point is that you should not give your pets the water that is coming from the hot water tap/faucet, only the cold water tap/faucet. The same goes for people. Only drink water that comes from the cold water tap/faucet.

I live in an area where the water is hard. I don't drink the stuff nor do I give it to my dog. We both drink bottled water.

Your Veterinarian is correct and "Maryeileen" post said it all. What you are doing is serving no purpose at all and in the long term can cause irrevocable damage to your Dog. Please take this advice in the kind manner it's given.

Pets HealthOctober 21, 2009
Man Pointing at Brake Rotor
Fixing Squeaky Brakes
Homemade Dog Food
Homemade Food for Dog with Kidney Disease
Kidney Bean Salad
Kidney Bean Salad Recipes
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
🎄