Plastic Bottle Caps as Cat Toys

My four cats were constantly losing their store bought toys under the appliances and furniture, and down the basement stairs. One day I realized they got the exact same amount of joy chasing a plastic bottle cap around. Milk cap, soda cap, water cap, it doesn't matter. They don't cost me anything that I wouldn't have spent anyway and because I can replace them constantly, they always have a fresh scent. Cats tend to get bored with something that smells familiar. Once a week, I scoop all of them up that I find and start all over again.

My cat likes playing with the tab that you tear off milk containers. She also found a piece of a PVC pipe loves that too. One day she stole a powder puff and loves to bat it around!

PLEASE BE CAREFUL about what your cats play with. A few years ago, my cat got very sick with a bowel obstruction. We spent about $1,600 on veterinary care - including X-rays, surgery and 2 or 3 trips into the big city to the animal hospital at the university vet school - all because my cat found a plastic ring from a gallon milk jug, chewed on it and SWALLOWED it.

I would think there could be a choking hazard involved with items this small. Cats are very smart and wouldn't intentionally want to eat one of these, but there's always a chance they'd accidentally swallow one. I don't think I'd give these as toys to my cats and advise you to refrain from offering these up as toys, too. It doesn't sound like a good tip to me. Sorry ...

That is so true, cats will find any small item and make a toy out of it.

I have seen a lot of animal groups tie these caps onto a string and hang it from the cage.

It goes wihtout saying that people need to watch their cats and dogs. Some people go as far as to not give their pets any toys unless they are there to watch them.

Cats love t he simplest toys, like the boxes that things come in and the brown paper bags that people bring home. I don't see many brown paper bags anymore...but once upon a time, long, long ago, my cats loved them!

Blessings and thanks for the tip!

Robyn

If you let your cat play with small objects like this them drill a hole in the middle, use a small twine and knot under each one. A single bottle cap can get caught between their teeth and or lodge in the throat. Please be very careful on small items like this.

Again, the strips that come off your gallon milk jugs and bottle caps; this is a real hazard and if you care about your pet and its safety.

Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps
Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps
Pets Cats Cat ToysDecember 18, 2007
Plastic Bottle Top Container
Plastic Bottle Top Container
Felt covered bottle cap becomes Easter bonnet.
Craft Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps
Craft Ideas Using Metal Bottle Caps
Craft Uses For Metal Bottle Caps
A cat with pink nail caps on.
Using Nail Caps on Pets
🎉
🎄