DessertsDieting

Low Fat Chocolate Cake

Does anyone have a recipe for a chocolate cake with icing that is low in fat and sugar free that tastes pretty good?

Thank you for your help,
Vicky from Canadensis, PA

I do know that there is a brand on the shelves now that has less sugar. You can always make your cakes with applesauce instead of oil, with cakes it gives a great moist quality. Sugar free, I dunno. I can't have a lot of sugar, but cooking with too much Splenda is not only hard to get the same quality of product but too much can give an aftertaste.

Hope that helps some.

You can make your own powdered sugar with 1 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch, then blend in blender. I have not tried this with Splenda yet (I do not allow any other substitute.) But this will add little carb from the corn starch. I would start with that. Use skim milk (though may not be as rich) and maybe SmartStart spread? You will always have trivial amounts of fat because that works into the chemistry. If you omit things without adding others, the taste and texture will be greatly affected. That is why "fat-free" foods have more sugar (thus calories) than regular.

This truly works and is super moist. Buy a boxed cake mix and instead of using oil and eggs, use one 12 ounce can of diet soda. I have made a chocolate cake with diet cola but I have heard others use diet lemon lime soda with a white cake. The possibilities are endless. There are no additional calories or fat. As far as icing goes, I can't help you there.

I tried that soda and boxed mix combo and really didn't like it. The middle of the cake never baked enough and the whole cake was sort of slimy.

Vicky, click the "Find" button and input LOW CARB SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE ZUCHINNI CAKE. If you like what you read, send me a feedback and I will send you 2 recipes for sugar free frosting that you will love.