75th Birthday Party Ideas

I am planning to celebrate my mom's 75 birthday and I need ideas.

By Brunilda from Worcester, MA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Send all the people an invitation to do a card shower and inundate her with cards, have old friends family write or email some cute stories they have about her and make a scrap book or dvd.

Brunilda: I'm just a month and a bit more than 75. Tell your Mom I'm a secret admirer of hers.

Answer

I am looking for ideas on throwing a 75th birthday party for mom.

By Doris from Dallas, TX

75th Birthday Party Ideas

For my grandparents, we got in touch with family and friends from years past and asked them to provide us with a funny or endearing picture of my grandparent and then write a favorite memory about them. We then put them in a memory book. When their birthday party came around, they and everyone else at the party read the pages and recalled great times. I know your party will be a real blessing to her. (01/30/2010)

By caninecodependent

75th Birthday Party Ideas

Google - fake newspapers.

This is a fun idea. You can take all the milestones, college graduation, marriage, jobs, family everything that makes your mom "mom" and turn it into a newspaper with photos and more.
Just make sure you order two, as she will want to keep both sides of the news print for keep sakes!

Good luck and happy partying! (02/04/2010)

By Poor But Proud

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My Dad's 75th birthday is coming up, what I was thinking of was having a surprise party with his friends, and then have another party with just family. We have a large family, any ideas?

By Melissa from Ogden, UT

75th Birthday Party Ideas

Well I was going to recommend something and then found some other things to consider. So here goes:

Depending on the birth date you can find out what things happened on his birthday through out the years and work from there. scopesys.com

I was looking for special things that happened during the teen years (I figured 1947 to 1954 give or take a year) http://www.ask.com/web?qsrc=2417ando=0andl=dirandq=Important+events+of+1947+to+1954. Possibly that would give you an idea to focus on. Then there is always finding what happened specifically during the first year of birth and focus on that.

Personally I would make a list of important dates in his life and do an amateur "This is your life&quot".
Birthday, younger siblings birthdays, graduation HS, graduation college, wedding, birthdays for children, major job changes, serious moving dates, birthdates, wedding dates of children, birthdays of grandchildren, best friends, favorite cars, etc.

Slide show, models, music that reminds him of those time periods. Be creative. (11/27/2009)

By Suntydt

75th Birthday Party Ideas

I'm not sure what state you live in, but I contacted local, state and federal officials: mayors, representatives, senators, presidents, past and present, to send birthday wishes to my Mom. (01/02/2010)

By DizzyD

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm starting my planning early for my mother's 75th birthday party in May, 2013. I'm having a time deciding what to do. My daughter suggested whatever theme we go with, we ought to use her birthstone color which is emerald.

My sisters and I thought of a masquerade of some sort. We don't want it to be formal, but we don't want it to be jeans and a tee either. The party definitely has to be fun, lively, silly (almost), yet unique. Any ideas?

By mtonemah from Oklahoma City, OK

75th Birthday Party Ideas

My neighbor (who turned 80 in January) was treated to a surprise luncheon at a local restaurant. The highlight of the event was the movie of her young life as a mother through to becoming a great-grandmother. There was not a dry eye in the house and she said she has watched it many times, laughing and crying the whole time.
<p.If you have someone who can pull this together from old movies, photos, etc. and have each child narrate throughout the video, it will be a priceless gift for her. (05/23/2009)

By Sandee1

75th Birthday Party Ideas

The theme could be all about what life was like 75 years ago when she was born. Get some poster board and be creative with putting how much things were, what the styles were, the music, things that were happening. Include as many pictures of her that you can from over the years (when she was 5 years old a loaf of bread cost x $$ and and this singer sung). Serve foods and treats that would have been popular in her generation. Play music at the party from that era. (05/23/2009)

By SusLuvsVintage

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have been nominated to have a birthday party for my father-in-law who will be 75 years old on May 6th of this year.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
75th Birthday Party
75th Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayAugust 27, 2010
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
75th Birthday
75th Birthday Party Centerpiece Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 6:51:24 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 998 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.