Frugal Household Tips

Tips I use for recycling:

• Recycle paper for notepads and envelopes.

• Reuse address labels simply by cutting out and applying with glue stick to (recycled) envelope.

• Reuse water. I use water left in drinking glasses for my iron and plants. Simply pour water into a recycled container and set aside for later use.

• Cut the thermostat up on air conditioner. I keep in on 78 when I am home and 82 when I am not,

• Condense your trips in your car to save gas. I went from working 6 days a week to working longer hours, 3 days a week. Not only do I save gas, I also have more days for me!

• Plan on eating 2 no-cook meals a week. Saves on electricity.

• Take advantage of the sun. Solar energy is free!

• Avoid takeout. Bring back the long lost art of cooking. It's cheaper and healthier.

By Paulette from Myrtle Beach, SC

I recycle aluminum cans of all types, soda, potted meat, pie tins etc. I use the plastic grocery bags for garbage. I recycle newspaper for weed barrier and use my grass clippings on top. I recycle plastic lids from oatmeal canisters, etc. for snack plates (holds just enough cheese and crackers for one). I try to use up and reduce/as much as possible.

A M E N to all of that! God bless you. : )

Good idea to save partially empty glasses of water to use in my iron and water my plants! We here in Alabama are in a bad drought right now. We really need to conserve water every way we can! Thanks for the idea. Judy

Better Living Frugal Living TipsJune 15, 2007
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Frugal Birthday Party
Frugal Party Locations
Vacation Fund Jar
Frugal Vacation Activities
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
🎉
🎄