Here is a self portrait I made of myself out of wine corks. It took me 4 years to complete. The smaller the image or the further back you are, the easier it is to see.
By El Pac from Seattle, WA
Very nice. Incredible.
Wow...this is really amazing!!! Great job. You must be quite an artist. Thanx for sharing this self portrait with us.
Very, very cool! Quite a creative piece of art!
Have to ask a funny question though. Did it take four years to complete from your own used wine corks? ;-)
That is so cool. How is your eyesight?
Very "Mosaic". Is each dot a full cork or did you slice them and space them out? The Orientals do much artwork with cork. It's lovely. Did you do on a cork bulletin board? And you must have done this from part of a photo? Surely you don't drink that much wine, do you? lol Just curious, too.
OMG! This is gorgeous and amazing...totally clever.
This is amazing, and to think all the wine you got to drink. Congratualtions!
That is amazing! I can imagine it took a lot of time. very creative. Thanks for sharing.
Good grief. That's fantastic! Do you realize that you could really make a living at that? I know it takes forever, but you just have to charge accordingly per picture. I am impressed. Very impressed.
Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful piece of art with us. I'm certain you are an artist. If you don't sell your work, please, find out what you have to do to get it to the public, other than here. I'm thinking painting is your usual medium. Am I right? Thank you again.
Way to go, if you are an artist by trade, you can claim the wine as a deduction. Sorry just had to say that. actually you are very talented, good job!!
This is fine art. If you need more wine corks, I can help. My husband makes wine and we always have extras.
This is amazing! Good job
NOW I'm impressed! Never would have guessed that wine corks could render the image so well.
That is amazing and I have never seen anything like it. You should be very proud.
Ok... here are some answers to the posted questions:
1) I didn't drink all the wine... the picture you see has 1,776 corks in it. I had to go through about 4,000 to get the right ones, however.
2) I'm not an artist - actually, I'm a CEO by day. That's why it took me 4 years! ...can I still take the tax deduction? :-)
3) My eyesight is good - thanks for asking tennesue!
4) I had to build a string grid to hold the corks in place... then I glued each one in place.
5) I used a black and white picture of myself to refer to. I took each pixel and marked the shade a 1-12. I then made a sample block of corks that represented 12 shades of purple. After sorting through 4,000 corks, I had enough of the different shades to plug them in the right spot.
6) This is my first and last cork project... I might try and do something simliar with colored tiles.
7) Thanks for all your nice comments!
Outstanding! Thanks for sharing with us!
Neat! Thanks for sharing with us!
WOW! You cant say that your not an artist cause I think this proves that you are! I think if you would have done this of a famous person( no offense) it could have sold for BIG BUCKS!
AMAZING! I hope you have it framed under some glass to preserve it better!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!