Organizing Hair Accessories

I am looking for tips on organizing hair bands and accessories.

Get a few "cup hooks" for $1 or so at Walmart and a wooden dowel from the craft section that will fit snuggly into the cup hook. Thread accessories onto dowel and slide into cup hooks.

I attached this to the sides of my desk ( had a corner desk ) and threaded necklaces on one, hair ties on the other. It worked great ( until my nephew pulled out the dowel and all fell on floor lol ).

Hair accessories. I have purchased plastic bins. Some plastic bins have several sections in them, other plastic bins are larger, and hold big bows.

Toilet paper rolls! I used 2 for all my daughters hairbands... it is not the most attractive thing initially but once all the bands are on it really looks quite nice. It fits in her drawer neatly, and is easy to maintain.

I found a ring at Walmart (looks like a bracelet, but it has an overlapping opening) in the hair accessories. I hang it in my bathroom and all the hair elastics get stored on the ring, instead of being all around the house. It also makes it easy to recognize which ones are stretched out.

I have a pretty plastic basket that I use. I clip jaw clips and such around the edges and hang hard plastic headbands over the edges, or lay them in the bottom of the basket. I put all my scrunchies, elastics, hair clips (the ones that are like quilters clips), barettes, fabric headbands etc. in seperate ziplocs by category and place the baggies in the basket. I even put my brushes, combs and hair-trimming scissors in the basket as well. Hope this helps! :)

I bought some gum that had a big circular container. I think it had like 60 pieces. Anyways I put my hair ties in that then I went to the dollar tree, and they have those hang up organizers kind of like a mini shoe organizer. I hung that up in my bathroom and hung all of my hair accessories in that.

I received one of those shelves that are used over the back of your kitchen sink from freecycle. I decided to use it in my bathroom instead. It has drawers in it, so I have elastics in one, barettes in another, etc. It really works out well.

I love the unused shower curtain rings, and use them for so many things. For this, I submitted a photo, and you can hang them just about anywhere. You can put them in a drawer and seperate by color or size, etc.

These little gems can be used for more than shower curtains, so please enjoy my submission from last year.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf16332435.tip.html

I bought one of those 3 tiered hanging vegetable baskets at the dollar store. You know the ones. There is a little one at the top, then a medium sized one in the middle, and a large one on the bottom. It works like a charm and I can put everything in it from soaps to brushes to hair ties etc. You can see what you have and everything is right there at your fingertips!

Photo of elastic hair ties.
Organizing Hair Accessories
Organizing BathroomFebruary 23, 2009
Bobby Pins
Storing Bobby Pins
Hair Accessories
Making Your Own Hair Accessories
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄