Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss

A friend told me that she read an article at the doctors office that indicated that vinegar does help in losing weight but also causes yeast infections in some women. Has anyone else heard of this?

Does drinking apple cider vinegar help you lose weight? A friend of mine has been drinking some before meals because she said it prevents some of the fat from being digested? Not sure how the science works but she has lost about 10 pounds and said she hasn't really changed anything else. Anyone know about this?

Thanks, Seeme

RE: Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss

It could just be that the water is making her feel full and satisfying part of the urge that she is mistaking for hunger. She may be eating less food. Many successful dieters have stated that drinking a glass of water before a meal helps them feel full. People say that thirst is often mistaken for feelings of hunger. And water helps people eat less.

I know that Apple Cider Vinegar has some great benefits. I'm not sure if all of those benefits have been proven by science, but many people say that it causes weight loss. I'm not sure if it's the water or the ACV.

By euky700

RE: Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss

According to the book (only one of the many sources of information on this subject)..."Folk Medicine, A Vermont Doctor's Guide to Good Health" by D.C. Jarvis MD...

"If a woman whose dress fits tightly will sip two teaspoonsfuls of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water at each meal, generally she will find at the end of two months that she can take her dress in one inch at the waistline. At the end of two more months she will be able to take it in another inch, and by the end of the fifth month one more inch. At the end of one year of taking apple cider vinegar in this amount a woman who has taken a size 50 dress will be able to take a size 42, and one who has taken a size 20, to take a size 18. At the end of the same time a younger woman who has worn a size 16 will be able to take a size 14.

The loss of weight will be gradual. If a woman between 5 ft 6 in tall weighing 210 pounds takes two teaspoonfuls of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water at each meal, she will weigh about 180 pounds at the end of two years time. The apple cider vinegar will have made it possible to burn the fat in the body instead of storing it, increasing the body weight.

If continued day after day, this treatment for excess weight is completely simple, and completely effective. If the daily routine happens to be such that is is not practical to take it at each meal, a dose can be taken in the morning, another at bedtime with the third taken at some convenient time in between".

This is a very safe way of loosing weight and also helps to keep the body's ph in balance...not to mention, only one of the many benefits of apple cider vinegar.

Have an awesome day!

By JuliaY

RE: Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss

I heard this for years and doubted it. I've known people on this diet, but all gained the weight back and never went back on it. I've tried it, but my body is too acidic an I couldn't handle it--it just made me sick and I broke out in cold sweats. Recently, I've read in a medical journal that vinegar does aid in weight loss, so it might actually be true. You must use organic apple cider vinegar, not just the flavored 'cheap' stuff from the grocery store though.

By susanmajp

I gives me heartburn, something fierce.

A sprinkling of vinegar or a little something acid (like lemon spritzed on a salad) with a meal will help to delay the stomach contents from emptying, making a person feel full longer. Maybe that's where the idea of losing weight with vinegar comes from.

12/20/07 helen from GA "Hi maybe I'm not doing this right, I have organic acv, and was taking 2 teaspoons alone before meals, didn't lose weight. But I don't do it faithfully. My question is this, there's a few recipes here, what's the best most effective one? Is it best to make a large amount, like a quart and 1 cup of acv and drink throughout the day or to take 1/2 acv in 1/2 cup? And is honey necessary or just for taste? PLEASE HELP ME HERE. I WANT TO TRY IT FAITHFULLY AND SEE RESULTS LIKE YOU ALL DID. WHAT SHOULD I DO? WANT TO LOSE THE 30 LBS I GAINED AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. THANKS"

I want more information.

kamotah AT

If you have candida or yeast problems vinegar will be a bad idea. It does not help w/weight loss! I love vinegar of all kinds and it's never done diddly for me, although it is very good for your heart. Keeps the arteries clean.

It didn't help me lose weight, but it did give me canker sores from all of the acid in Bragg's vinegar.

Two table spoons at breakfast and dinner will not make you a supermodel over night. It is a natural and slow process. It more or less is a detox. Weight loss is just an added bonus. I have been taking it for a month and I feel better then I have ever felt. When I wake up I don't feel like I have been hit by a bus anymore. It used to take me an hour to shake free of the pains in my back and legs when I first woke up every morning. Now I just get right up and start my day. I have also noticed that I don't have heart flutters anymore. I am not saying this is a cure-all but I do feel better and people are asking me if I am losing weight. Its one of those things you just have to try for yourself and see if its the thing for you. Have a great day to all!

Acv Has Worked for me. I have been taken acv for 6 months. I mix acv in my drinking water 1 tbs acv per 16 oz container. Plus I drink extra water about 32 oz per day on top of every thing else. I stopped drinking soda also, too much sugar in these drinks. Acv has helped my lower part of back. Now I can horse back ride more. Leg joints stopped hurting in the mornings. I hit the floor running down the stairs, not bad for 50 years old man.

Last year I had heard about the apple cider vinegar theory. I can honestly tell you IT WORKED FOR ME! I did not try the Bragg's Vinegar but just the regular Apple Cider Vinegar. I went on pretty much just a protein diet with only eating meat, vegetables and fruit and drinking 2TB of apple cidar vinegar about 1/2 hour before each meal. What I had learned was that supposedly the apple cider vinegar helps stabilize your blood sugar levels (I have read that they call it the " POOR MANS INSULIN). Even if you didn't diet and followed this routine without dieting and drank before every meal you would lost 1lb a week. At the end of the year you would have lost 52 lbs. Not sure if that is true. never tried it, but I never FELT BETTER when drinking it. Also if you continue it consistently it will dull your appetite so you feel like eating way less food. That's the effect it had on me.

I also tried the Bragg's Organic Vinegar, but it didn't work the same as the regular one from the store. Way back when, people have drank vinegar for many health benefits. I work with seniors and a lot of them dip their vegetables in it daily. It also gave me energy. I would as well drink 2tb before bedtime to help stabilize blood sugar before going to bed. I will tell you this though, if taking any kind of thyroid, or any type of blood thinners....don't drink the vinegar for at least 2 hours after taking the meds or any other medications for it will wash away its effectiveness.

I myself am on Coumadin, and my levels were so low my Dr asked me if I was doing something different and traced it to taking the vinegar. So NOW, I make sure I take it 2 hrs after the vinegar or before. It really did work for me with keeping my hunger at bay. REMEMBER IT STABILIZE THE BLOOD SUGAR! Keeps it from spiking up and down.

Try it, and let me know. My skirts got so big I had to pin them up on me to keep from falling off. The weight came off very quickly. But I followed it EXACTLY. You have to be consistent. I also never exercised at all. If I had done that I probably would have lost more. Also Women have your Dr. do a 24 hour urine to check your cortisol levels. If not normal it will explain WHY you might have excess belly fat. Good Luck!

I have been using ACV (apple cider vinegar) for months now, and have not gotten ONE yeast infection, though I am susceptible to them. Many testimonials on

Apple Cider Vinegar With Apples and Cinnamon
Health Remedies Using Apple Cider Vinegar
Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingJuly 24, 2007
Mulled Grape Cider
Mulled Grape Cider Recipes
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
glass mug of hot apple cider
Hot Spiced Cider Recipes
Mulled Cider
Mulled Cider Recipes