Chance (Manx?)

This is Chance. We think he is about 2 or 2 1/2 years old. His previous owners (how I detest that word) said he is a Manx, but in looking around I am more apt to say he is a Japanese Short-tail.

Chance was born and raised in the trailer park I moved into. He is extremely friendly and to have been an outdoor cat, his personality is an absolute winner. He loves to play.

One day I noticed him limping badly, so I examined him and thought he had a broken leg. I took him over to his supposed "owners" who just shrugged and said they would call animal control. Well, we all know what that means, don't we? So, I took him to a vet, only to find out he had the start of a nasty abscess from a wound on his leg. The vet told me if another week had passed, he would have started to go gangrene. We all know how cats crawl off to hide when they are sick, and I could get the vision out of my head that he would suffer like that. He became my cat on the spot.

Originally, I named him Draco, but then Draco did not really fit him as he is certainly no little dragon. (smile) I re-named him Chance and I think it fits him; for now he has a chance at life.

Mostly, he terrorizes my other cat, a black Maine Coon named Tigger, Who I affectionately call Tigg-a-butt. He sleeps with me, and Tigger. Gobbles down his portion of the wet food, which I secretly crush up his urinary pill in, then goes and tries to steal Tigger's portion. I say try because she is no scaredy-cat when it comes to guarding her dish from the furry Jaws known as Chance, or I call him, Chancey or Chancelot.

He bothers her like the younger brother he is (Tigger will be 6 years this month) and then they roll around together and chase each other. Lately, Chance has taken to biting my feet if I happen to nudge him during the night. Never mind that he is in my bed and not vice versa. LORD CAT has spoken, do not flex your toes and disturb me...or you will be bitten. There is nothing so grand as being awakened so rudely as having you feet bitten in your sleep.

I found out last week that the King of the Jungle is scared of thunderstorms. He was plastered to my side all night. Chance on one side and Tigger on the other. My babies!

By Clara

What a good thing you did giving Chance a 2nd chance at life. I have to say that I have always been a dog lover. Never gave cats a 2nd glance. I would never in a million years harm one, but was never found of them at all. We had a mouse problem and my husband just happened to rescue a kitten. She had such bad eye problems her eyes were almost shut and she had a very bad upper respiratory condition, sneezing blood, etc. It was very bad. With the help our friends who are vets, we nursed her back to health and litter trained her in 2 weeks.

My husband considered keeping her to keep the mice away. I was set against it, but I hate mice and thought it would be just for the purpose of getting rid of mice. She is so much more than that. I am so in love with this kitten. She is so loving and playful. I can't believe what I have missed out on all this time. She will paw me right on the chin as if to get my attention and then just stare at me like she's saying, " You love me, don't you?!" Yes, I do! (Now a dog and a cat lover!)

I thank God for letting you find Chance and giving him another go at life. I can see that Chance looks like a happy kitty, and you and Tigger are both lucky to have him in your little family. Maine Coons are notorious for being Gentle Giants and very tolerant and nurturing to younger animals. You have some good help there with him.

Bless you for caring what happens to little animals who cannot help themselves, and double bless you for being feisty enough to take matters into your own hands. Wish there were more folks like you in our world. Thanks Clara. Songwriter

February 10, 2012 Flag

Chance is a 3 year old Japanese Shorttail/Manx Mix. I rescued Chance from a heartless "owner" (how I detest that title) who would not take him to the vet when he was hurt. I took him in and nursed him. I thought the name Chance suited him.

Chance likes to hog the window from my other 2 cats, Tigger and Li'l Man and sleeps there all day. He likes to torment Tigger and chase her around the house, then he and Li'l Man take turns tripping me every time I go into the kitchen. They think every clink of a dish means treats for their fat butts.

Chance was a scrawny guy who has more than doubled his size since coming to live with me, he is now 16 lbs! He became an indoor cat in June. He is not happy about it. I have to keep bells on him to know when he is lurking to escape and chase the squirrels whenever I open the door. I have baby gates now. We tried out a new harness last week. Chance plays dead when I take him out using the harness. Big faker. But I love him dearly and would not trade him for a newer model no matter how much he tries me. Boys will be boys. LOL.

By CeCe14 from Lakeland, FL

Chance, an orange cat sitting on a couch.

He is so adorable. I remember when he was just a starved and abused little boy. Once you took into your home and gave him the love and care he deserved he blossomed.

Manx Cat
Manx Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets CatsMay 11, 2010
Leftover food in containers in the fridge.
Freezing Leftovers
old leather bag
Removing Musty Smells From Leather
Parmesan Cheese Container
Uses for Parmesan Cheese Containers
Growing Chionodoxa
Growing Chionodoxa
🎉
🎄