Hot or Sweet Italian Sausage Soup
- 2 large cans chicken broth (or 1 oz. chicken base to 5 cups water)
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups diced cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 lbs. hot or sweet Italian sausage
- 1 large can chopped or crushed tomatoes
- additional water if needed
Brown sausage, onion, green pepper and celery. Drain any fat. Pour chicken broth, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes and cabbage into a soup pot and spoon in browned sausage and vegetables. Add additional water if needed to increase liquid level.
Cook for 1-1/2 hours until carrots and potatoes are soft. Salt and pepper to taste.
By Kathy from Western PA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 22, 2017 at 2:25:23 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us