Hanging Blue Bird
Summer isn't over yet. Keep the kids busy with this cute blue bird project to hang in a window!
Approximate Time: About 1 hour
- blue craft foam
- yellow craft foam or felt
- 2 wiggly eyes
- gold or silver metallic cord
- 25 pony beads in assorted colors
- craft glue
- hole punch or nail and hammer
- Draw body and wings onto blue craft foam and cut out.
- Draw and cut out beak from yellow craft foam.
- Use scissors to trim wings to create a scalloped edge or use decorative edged scissors.
- Punch holes along tail and in wings as shown in photo using hole punch or nail and hammer.
- To create opening for wings, cut along line that connects dots on the body (as show on pattern) and insert the wings.
- Cut five 5-inch lengths from cord and make a knot at one end of each piece.
- String 5 beads onto each piece of cord. Thread a beaded cord through each hole along bottom of tail, and knot each end in back. Trim as needed.
- Glue on wiggly eyes and beak.
- To make a hanger, thread a length of cord through holes at top of each wing and knot on back side.
- Allow glue to dry before hanging.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 7:32:34 AM on 10.0.0.13 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us