A Child's Reminder Of A Working Mother

My daughter leaves for work as a courier at 2:00 PM. Her 2 year old daughter doesn't understand the term "work"! At a recent church drama in which my daughter portrayed a role of a 40 hour worker during the song, "40 Hour Work Week", I thought I would make a picture of her and her daughter!

The picture is of my daughter in her work uniform with a Federal Express box kneeling down by her daughter who is sitting in a stroller. I will frame this picture and when Mommy goes to work, Hannah can get the picture and know where Mommy is going - "Mommy is going to drive the big truck and give away boxes!" This picture was taken at the church before the performance began; but it will give Hannah the explanation of Mommy's work!

I think this tip is good to teach young children about their parent's employment and as the child grows older, the concept of "Mommy going to work" becomes a reality with a picture!

By WandaJo from TN

Parenting General Parenting Work & FamilyJuly 20, 2007
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child