Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas for Pre-school Teacher

I need some homemade gift ideas for my son's pre-school teachers for Christmas. These have to be homemade and not store bought.

Amy from Evansdale

If your son's pre-school teacher knows how to bake, home made Christmas cookies would be a suggestion.

My girls enjoyed making cookie or cake "mixes". You get a nice jar, and layer all the dry ingridents for a cake or cookies in the jar. You can decorate the jar later if you want. Attach the recipie to finish the baked product as one side of the gift tag.

Make a simple scrapbook. Let your child decorate some construction paper. Then add a few pictures that were taken at preschool. Insert the pages you created into plastic page protectors, and then into a 3 ring binder. Have your child decorate extra pages and add those also. The teacher can then take additional pictures throughout the rest of the year to add to the book.

My daughter teaches 1st grade and we are making calendars for her student's parents for Christmas. we went to www.calendarhome.com/tyc and they have many many choices we selected a "year at a glance calendar" and added each child's picture on top and let the kids decorate the sides and bottom then my daughter laminated each one and its something the whole family can use all year when we got them all ready she said you know mom I wish someone would make one for me because I could use a good calendar that was durable . . .thought it was a quick simple idea you might like to try and the kids loved doing this project no real mess no real expense.

Using masking tape, "tear" not scissor cut into small pieces and cover a vase, pencil holder, or other numerous items and overlap each torn piece of tape. Once the item is totally covered, use brown shoe polish (canned) and rub with soft cloth over the taped item. Wipe off excess. This will have a leather look appearance and is easy and fun to do.

I don't know if this is homemade enough but here goes: get a candle in a clear glass jar with straight sides. Put a sturdy rubber band around the jar. Slip cinnamon sticks or candy canes under the rubber band. Cover the rubber band with a pretty ribbon. Add a sprig of holly or other little Christmas decoration.

i saw adorable vases painted white and sprinkled with glitter all you do is get fabric fleece and you make hats and a scarf for the snowman the kids can paint nose and eyes mouth etc!!! i made them and they were a hit!!!

I taught preschool for 8 years before having my own kiddos- anything you give will make them feel special- I had a year where I received a single gift that was the name of the student, Thank You, and the year written on a cheap glass ornament. It goes on my tree every single year:). Gifts in a jar are great and just a card and homemade treats are welcome too!!

Paste a picture on flat side of a bar of face soap

Dip the picture side in melted parafin, about 1/4 inch deep in pie tin. The parafin will protect the picture, and makes the soap last much longer, as you only take soap off one side when using it.

You could probably find some Christmas pictures on old Christmas cards if you want to stick with a Christmas theme, or use flowers or animal pictures, whatever you like.

Last year I made my grandaughters pre-school teacher a wreath made from a circle hoop and glued crayons all around it. after word I added the year and a few school embelishments. Took at most an hour to make. It must have been well liked because the younger sister now has that same teacher and it is still hanging inn the classroom.

Trace handprints on green and red construction paper. 5-8 will make a wreath when put pinky finger to thumb in a circle. Put 2 red hands wrist to wrist for a "bow"

As a teacher, the homemade gifts are priceless to me. Years later I look back & remember great times. Many of my ornaments are from my students. You can buy a box of 12 clear ornaments, get paint & stencils if you want. Paint them really pretty, add names, year. And not only is it one gift, but can make about a doz. Since that is how many are in box. I also wrap them with cheap, but pretty paper from $ tree, or use white paper & tie a ribbon on top to close around it. Believe me. All these are always loved!