Inexpensive Genealogy Website

Does anyone know of an inexpensive genealogy website? Preferably one that you have tried and found useful.

By Barbara

If you join ebay's Genealogy Corner, you can get all the free genealogy website links imagineable and free additional help. I am one of the moderators and it's chuck full of interesting material you might enjoy going through. Free lookups are also done when you run into those brick walls from time to time.

I haven't found eBay's Genealogy Corner to be real helpful. I use a lot, then I have a paid subscription to None of the paid sites are cheap. Until three years ago I used free sites, exclusively. I was lucky when I first started my genealogy project, and I can't remember what site I used by I typed in one of my great-grandfather's name and came up with two-or three other people that working on that family and it included their email addresses. I contacted these people and explained who I was and received all kinds of information about one side of my mother's family. One third cousin that I never knew existed sent me about 500 pages of information, dating back to the 1700s in Denmark. Talk to as many of your ancestors as you can and ask for information. Even some of your younger relatives might have information that can help you.

Thanks to both of you for your feedback. I will followup on your suggestions.

If you're looking for British or Irish ancestors, you can post questions here

A stack of old black and white family photos.
Researching Your Genealogy
Better Living Family GenealogyApril 28, 2011
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
A pile of birth certificates and marriage licenses.
Organizing Genealogy Information
Creating a Simple Website for a Business, Website URL on a computer screen.
Creating a Simple Website for a Business