Spraying Problems from Two Male Cats

I recently had to move in with my ill Dad. I brought my male cat with me, he has a male cat also. They stay their distances. I have caught my cat spraying (he is neutered), is there any thing that can be done? We can't be having that in the house.

Jo from NY

The first thing I would ask is if your dad's cat is neutered ??? I have taken in several rescued cats over the years and only had trouble if one of the rescued males was not neutered or female not spayed. Even a non-neutered will revert to instinct if odor from a non-neutered or non-spayed is in the vicinity.

I am currently having this problem with my male neutered cat I received about a year ago. All of my cats are spayed or neutered. However, I recently noticed my neighbors male house cat has been going outside and likes to hang out in my yard, so I am thinking this is why my male is starting to spray. I saw a product at Walmart that is made for this type of problem, it basically looks like some type of calming spray that you spray at the areas the cat has sprayed, it is suppose to help relieve anxiety. I am going to try it this weekend, that could be an option for you. I would hate to see you get rid of the cat and I am at the point where I will try anything. Hope it works out for you

We had a problem with our male neutered cat. We took him to the vet to make sure he didn't have any health issues. He was fine, however she gave him some pills for a week and then tapered it down. So far it's working. I think it's "OuaBan".

I have owned a number of cats, mostly male and the only times I recall having a spraying problem (and pooping problem) was when I had a young male cat who was not neutered and he had some kind of fixation with my bingbag. He would pee and crap on it and we had to get rid of it, but I've had other people tell me that they have seen cats act the same way around bing bags. I also now have a male cat now, who ruined a rug that I loved when he was a kitten and not neutered. For some reason, I don't know what, the cat took to peeing and pooing on the rug everytime he seen it, even though he was litterbox trained. I'm guessing he might of liked it because it was a shag rug or because it had a scent to it. Anyway, if the cat does it on a certain piece of furniture, you might want to get rid of it. Hope you have luck getting him to stop.

I have a similar problem with a neutered year old cat...he pees on everything!! The vet says he's fine and has no idea why he does this....he will be fine for a long time, and then just pee on something innapropriate, while still using the litter box the majority of the time....he doesn't seem to like the smell of coffee grounds, so whenever he pees on, or in something (like a dresser drawer, or a laundry basket!), I scrub it with pinesol to get the odour out, and then leave a small container of coffee grounds in that spot....I wish they made a non-staining, coffee smelling spray!!!! Coffee grounds keeps cats out of your plants, also...both indoors and out!!

When you have two males cats you need two separate litter boxes. A male cat doesnt like to share litter boxes with another. Your fathers cat is the dominate one since your cat is in his territory, so he gets to use the litter box. Theres really no problem with your cat, he just really needs to go bad! So all you have to do is get your cat his own box and put it in his own area away from the other cats litter box. :) I hope this helps!

Pets CatsJune 24, 2008
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Spraying cat
Getting a Cat to Stop Spraying Inside
cat outside
Discouraging Cats from Spraying the Outside of a House
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
🎄
🍂