Tacos for 100 People

How many pounds of ground beef do I need to feed a 100 people tacos?

Elaine from Atlanta, GA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I was thinking a couple of ounces of meat per taco, 3 tacos a person, puts you at about 40 lbs.

The normal serving of meat is 4 ounces per person. You could reduce it somewhat because there are beans and cheese in tacos which add more protein. 4 ounces per person is 25 pounds of ground beef. Three ounces means you need less than 19 pounds.

about 14 lb 8 oz (filing)

about 31 lb 4 oz (beef or pork)

from :

http://www.nfsmi.org/Information/school_recipes/D-13.pdf

thirty pounnds of beef shound do it

I think 20lbs of ground beef would feed 100 people but that would only give 1 taco per person.

At home I cook up 1lb of meat and it feeds three people, so I would guess somewhere between 30 and 35lbs for 100 people. It would depend on what you were serving with the tacos - if you have a lot of other dishes as well then you probably wouldn't need quite so much taco filling.

I have a cookbook that I looked this up in, it's not for tacos, but for hamburgers for 100 people, will take 35 lbs. of ground beef. I hope this helps you out.

Answer

Homemade Tacos on a Plate
Homemade Taco Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceAugust 27, 2006
Poplar Tree Cutting
Starting Poplar Tree Cuttings
fill shells
Taco Filling Recipes
Taco Meat
Taco Meat Recipes
Spaghetti Taco Recipes
Spaghetti Taco Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 13, 2016 at 10:06:30 PM on 10.0.0.145 in 414 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.