Doris' Christmas Tradition

When my first child was 4 years old, I decided to start a Christmas tradition that was inexpensive but fun. My son, Joe, was old enough to chew hard candy (with supervision). I bought him a "LifeSaver" Christmas box of LifeSavers that had a small ornament attached. I have continued this "Tradition" every year since 1969. Now I send a "LifeSaver" Christmas Box my two children, their spouses, and my grandchildren. A couple of years ago, I didn't send the "LifeSavers." Christmas morning, BOTH my children called and asked "Where's the "LifeSavers?" So now, the FIRST gift I purchase is a Christmas Box of "LifeSavers" for everyone, even though my son is now 40 years old and my daughter is 36.

By Doris from Yakima, Washington

Doris, That is a great idea. In our family one year, we started (by accident) the chocolate covered cherries tradition. Every year when my brother and his family and mine get together, one person gets a box of chocloate covered cherries. They all like them and we are never sure who is the "chosen one". Gets hard to keep track after all these years. The kids are in their 40s....LOL

My husband and I will search hi and low if necessary to see that our 3 kids get the Lifesaver Books at Christmas! After all our parents got them for us and it just wouldn't be Christmas without those Lifesavers!

Merry Christmas,

Sandy

Wow! I thought I was the only one. lol Every year I put the storybook lifesavers in my son's stocking. It takes up more space in the stocking for those years money's a little tighter. My brother and I are in our early 40's and mid 30's and we still get a stocking from our mother. We can always count on the storybook lifesavers being in there somewhere. She also puts an orange and an apple in the very bottom to help "fill up" the stocking.

Decorated Christmas Tree
Family Christmas Traditions
Holidays and Parties Christmas TraditionsDecember 21, 2005
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
A girl opening a small gift.
Christmas Countdown Gift Ideas
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🎄