Dust Cakes With Powdered Sugar Instead of Frosting

When my mother used to have friends over in the evening she wanted to serve a snack (cake and coffee) but most of them were elderly and would turn down the cake because of the frosting.

The problem was solved by using a round single layer cake. Buy 8-inch doilies, place a doily on top of the cake, and sprinkled it lightly with confectioner's sugar. Remove the doily and you have a lacy design on the cake without all of the icing.

By Clynnaltemus from Inglis, FL

You can also use stampers that are normally used with ink or paint, just dedicate the stampers to the kitchen and don't use intermix them with craft used one. I just dip them into the powdered sugar and then lightly stamp onto the cake.

Thanks for this nifty idea. JS, Saint Augustine, FL

Good idea, frosting is usually too sweet as we get older. Thanks

I usually do this with and the darker cakes, They look so pretty with the dusting in a pretty pattern. I find they are eaten and enjoyed even by the young with only this and or cocoa powder on very sweet cakes. Frostings usually do not taste good unless they are real whipped cream types anyway or a cream cheese type.

I hate Fondant. I find it is more for show and does keep the cake moist . But but not to eat! I find it too thick and sweet yuk and the frosting are usually hydrogenated fats sugar and coloring. No this is a safer way to have your cake and eat it too, haha.

dlb

Cake Frosting Tips and Tricks
Cake Frosting Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CakesNovember 6, 2009
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes
🎉
🎄