Extending Mascara

I recently discovered a way to "stretch" my mascara! I found that if I add a tiny amount of oil (a safe type of oil for skin without odor/flavor such as baby oil) to a dried container of mascara and then use the lash brush to "mix" the oil with the mascara, I am able to stretch the use of the product!

Of course, you do not want to do this with mascara that is too old for sanitation purposes, and as I mentioned, you want to use an oil that is safe for use on the body. I love finding ways to save money! This tip works for me!

By LoracMc from IA

I don't like the idea of putting water or oil into the mascara tube. You can try standing the closed tube in a cup of hot water and see if the warmth will help the stuff to flow better.

I am sorry but it's not safe to add anything to mascara, whether it's dried out or not, because it aids in the promotion of bacteria and you certainly don't want to take the chance of getting an infection in your precious eyes!

I understand everyone's concern about bacteria issues. I have contact lenses which have to be cleaned every day with a good multi-purpose solution that also disinfects. I've been putting a drop or two in my mascara whenever needed for years & have not had a problem yet.

This contest contender appears to be posted on 11/02/2010. It's a little confusing here. I see feedback on this post that dates back to 2009 & 2008. How can that be?

Tootic, The comments you see from 2009 & 2008 are archived contests or questions on the same subject. Anything below the 'Post Feedback' box are archives. You'll see the same thing happen with hundreds of posts from years past that deal with any given subject. :-)

Open tube of mascara with brush prominent.
Saving Money on Mascara
Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips MascaraNovember 2, 2010
Uses for Mascara Wands
Uses for Mascara Wands
charging electronics
Extending the Life of Cellphone and Computer Batteries
Removing Mascara
Mascara Tips and Tricks
Mascara Tips and Tricks
🎉
🎄