Purple Calla Lilies

These are Purple Calla Lillies (I think). Until the blooms opened up I thought they were just weeds. Good thing I waited to pull them up! I have these growing wild all over my yard!

By Teresa from Union City, CA

Purple Calla Lily

Lucky you! ! ! Wish I could find some like that!

Enjoy them. These were our daughter's wedding flower so I am very partial to Calla Lilies. These are beautiful!

KARIFL....where do you live? what state that is. Maybe I can dig some up and mail you the bulbs. dunno how they will fare...but we can try.

i WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A BULB OR TWO OF THESE - I would be more than willing to mail a check or MO for the postage, etc. Daradams AT aol.com

I know you are delighted that you didn't dig them up! They are beautiful and thank you for sharing them with us.

Can anyone give suggestions on what I should do for mailing some bulbs to people. Should I cut the plant all the way back, pack the bulb in dirt, pack the bulb in a plastic bag etc. Any suggestions will be helpful. I plan on mailing out some to those of you who would like them. Since I have no idea what the cost for mailing would be I do not plan on charging anyone. However, those of you that do get them, any postage refund would be appreciated.

My calla lily plants don't look loke yours, these are beautiful !!!!!! I would be willing to pay postage for some of these bulbs, let me know,

granny 44 @ highstream . net

I would so love to have a start of these. I would suggest packing the bulb in some of the dirt where it is grown now and then into a bubble wrap lined envelope mailer (available from post office and from UPS) and mailing the same day as dug up to preserve moisture. I will be happy to pay postage and extra. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs, suzy

Would love to have a start of these. Can they grow in Ky? sdukes AT vci.net

Thank you

I'd really love to have a couple of the bulbs.

jollie572931 AT peoplepc.com. (Put "Purple Calla Lillies" on subject line.) Iemail my address to you.

Wrap 'em good in moist paper towels, then in bubble wrap or peanuts, then in a sturdy box. That should keep 'em from getting crushed.

Thanks so much.

Hi!

These are so pretty! Where did you get the bulbs at? I love these also. The leaves look like arrowhead plants! Thankyou for showing.

love and hugs,

Marcia

WOW, how WONDERFUL and LOVELY !!!!!!!

All OVER your yard? That's DOUBLY INCREDIBLE.

It reminds me of the fragrant naturalized blue

Dutch Irises that surprised us the first Spring we moved into an old home. They were so fragrant because they were beneath an old Pear tree, I suppose, because I CANNOT find fragrant ones ANYWHERE.

There must have been over 1,000, so what did I do?

Wanting to save and share them I began to dig and dig after they stopped blooming. I somehow killed them ALL and never saw another one. I feared they'd not come back because I was so new to gardening back then, not realizing how to take care of them, thinking I'd save them by digging them up.

I, too, would LOVE to have a bulb or two of them, but I have those bad memories of my first big stand of bulbs, and don't want this to happen to you. Whatever you do, DON'T dig too many up unless you have so many you don't know what to do with them. God bless you. : )

Those are gorgeous and in my favorite color. I'd be interested in obtaining several bulbs and am more than happy to reimburse the shipping costs.

Hi

Thanks for offering to send me a cutting or bulb.

My e-mail address is Kabraz0220 AT aol.com

We can discuss costs and shipping.

Thank you.

To those of you who want bulbs. (those showing up to todays date 3-8-07) I will be sending them out however, I would like to wait until the plants are done blooming. After reading Lynda's post, I realize I may have put myself in a position to mail out more bulbs than my yard might produce. of course, i dont want to deplete my yard of all the foilage. I do get a good feeling when I am able to share some though. I do plan on sending them but not until later in the year. Please feel free to email me your address and i will save that information and retreive it when Im ready to send them out. Thank all of you for your wonderfull comments. have a blessed day.

by the way my email is teresa.super AT gmail.com

Teresa, my email is kamesquita at fs.fed.us and I'd be interested in two bulbs so I can share one with a friend. Thanks so much.

Truly beautiful!

Hi,

I would love to obtain a couple of your bulbs and, of course, am prepared to pay for the shipping & handling. My e-mail address is as follows:

thestaceys2 AT verizon.net.

They are absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your picture of them.

Hello Teresa, I was wondering if you have any of the purple calla lilys left to share?....It has been awhile since you posted the pictures and by now if I'm lucky you have another crop of them. I can send you P&H or exchange for Green goddess calla lily,Iris or Robert Kemp Cannas if you'd like.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks,

Great Granny Vi

Your so lucky to have them callas growing like weeds. OMG there simply awesome. I'd love to have some to but I am 4 zones out of place for such production. Very nice pics though, thanks.

Photos GardenMarch 6, 2007
Growing Cannas
Growing Canna Lilies
Growing Lilies
Growing Lilies
Growing Calla Lilies
Growing Calla Lilies
Growing Foxtail Lilies
Growing Foxtail Lilies
🎉
🎄