Homemade Grand Marnier

I am trying to make Homemade Gran Mariner from the recipes this site lists. It says to mix orange peels and liquor together and let "steep 2-3 weeks". Should I cover the mixture? Then it asks to add the sugar water and "let age for 4 weeks". Should I cover that too? Should I leave the mixes open or air seal tighten them? I am afraid if I do seal the mixes that they might explode? Please help to explain this for me. Thanks.

By Hollison from Tampa, FL

Definitely seal and cover tightly while steeping or all your alcohol will simply evaporate. Maybe a canning jar.

September 22, 2009 Flag

I need information on how to make homemade Grand Marnier. I had one before, using vanilla beans, lemons, oranges, 100 proof vodka and sugar. But I don't remember the amounts. Can you help?

Tom

Answers:

Homemade Grand Marnier

Grand Marnier Recipe:

• 4 medium Oranges
  • 1 Vanilla bean
  • 2 1/2 cups Vodka
  • 1 cup Brandy
  • 1 cup white granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup water

Look for firm, heavy oranges which indicates lots of juice, and smooth skinned ones free from soft spots and mold.
    Wash and peel oranges making sure to scrape ALL white rind from the peels to avoid bitter flavor. Slice in strips and add to liquor and vanilla bean. Steep 2-3 weeks, strain and filter.

Boil together water and sugar for about 5 minutes at a full boil and be sure the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool.
    Add sugar syrup to orange liquor and let age for 4 weeks. (04/17/2008)

By Jeannie

Homemade Grand Marnier

• 2 cups cognac
  • 1 medium orange
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar

1. Pour the cognac into a 2 cup jar with a lid (mason)

2. Peel and section the orange, then slice each of the orange sections in half lengthwise, and add them to the jar along with the sugar.

3. Cover jar and shake until the sugar is dissolved.

4. Store the jar at room temp for at least 2 wks, then strain the orange slices and pulp from the liquid.

Source: Top Secret Recipes Treasury 2. This book has tons of recipes for making your own homemade liquor inc. Baily's Irish Cream, Kahlua, French Vanilla Liqueur, Amaretto etc.

I bought mine at Sam's Club for $9.87, or you can order online at www.topsecretrecipes.com (04/22/2008)

By SweetCali40

• January 31, 2008 Flag

Someone once told me they had a recipe for making a homemade liquor like Grand Marnier. They were going to email me. I'm still waiting. Anyone out there know of such?

Thanks,
    Tina from northern New York State

Answers:

Homemade Grand Marnier

There is a recipe at http://www.topsecretrecipes.com . I haven't tried it yet, but I know it's there. (09/06/2005)

By Anna

Homemade Grand Marnier

Here you go; buy one orange, drop into large jar, add 40cubes of sugar and get 40 coffee beans and make 40 small slices and insert these beans in each hole.Then pour a 260z of vodka over this and let it set for 40 days, I know it sounds funny all these 40s but it works and as you know the longer it sets the stronger it gets enjoy. PS: drop the orange in the jar after you put the beans in! (09/07/2005)

By 80di

Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat BeveragesSeptember 22, 2009
    Photo of homemade orange jello.
    Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
    Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
    Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
    Chex Mix
    Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
    liquid laundry soap
    Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
    🎉
    🎄