Leprechaun Top Hat Centerpiece
This is a quick and easy craft project that is easy enough for an older child to do and with some adult help even a younger child should be able to complete this project. This would make a great centerpiece for your table or to decorate a hall table. You know on St. Patrick's Day everyone is Irish so pull out your best green table cloth and throw your self a great St. Patrick's Day celebration. Time to Complete: 2 hours with dry time
- one small coffee can
- one piece of green felt cut to 5 1/4x13 inches
- two felt circles cut to 6 3/4 inches
- 1 cardboard circle cut to 6 3/4 inches
- gold metallic ribbon
- 1 package foamy shamrocks
- spray glue and regular glue
- white or yellow spring silk flowers (I used white lilac sprays, daffodils, white tulips and ivy) but any spring flowers will do.
- clear silicone caulk
- piece of floral foam for inside of can
- Cut out your felt pieces and spray can with spray glue and then with felt cover can.
- Spray cardboard circle with spray glue and then cover both sides of your cardboard circle with felt.
- With the silicone caulk glue coffee can to center of circle. The caulk will be dry enough to handle and finish your project in 2 hours, but you need to let in dry for at least 24 for a good tight seal.
- Take foamy stick on shamrocks and evenly spread them around your hat.
- Take your gold metallic ribbon and make a hat band.
- Place floral foam inside of can. Arrange your flowers inside of the can.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 27, 2016 at 1:49:25 PM on 10.0.0.158 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us