Rotten Tomato In Car

I had a tomato spoil while under the seat of my car (not sure how it got there). After I removed the tomato, there was some juice that had soaked into the carpet. I tried carpet cleaner but couldn't get to the spot. I then tried pouring white vinegar on the area. The vinegar neutralized the smell for the most part, but not completely. And now I have a vinegar smell in the car--not good but better than the rotten tomato. My question - how do I get rid of the vinegar smell and any lingering rotten tomato smell? Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Answer

Keep putting baking soda on. Put it on, let it set for a few days. Vacuum and do it again until it goes away.

Baking soda absolutely. Let stay overnight. But you must vacuum it or the smell will remain.

A photo of a car.
Removing Rotten Food Odors From a Car
Home and Garden Cleaning AutoJanuary 21, 2005
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
A car seat in a car.
Cleaning Sour Milk Smell in a Car
Storing Oranges, Canning Oranges, A bunch of bright round oranges.
Storing Oranges
Raw beef on a piece of cardboard in the back of an SUV style car (lift gate is open)
Cleaning Rotten Meat Odors From a Car