Discontinued Caron Simply Soft Green Yarn

Does anyone know where I can get a couple of skeins of Caron "Simply Soft" yarn in green? Even one skein would work. I designed an afghan using all the bright colors that go with their Embroidery Print #9811. They discontinued green before I could find it in a store. The green I need would be similar to what is usually called Kelly green or Emerald green.

By Karin from Gilroy, CA

Have you tried emailing Caron.com? I tried and will let you know what they tell me.

I do know Kelly and Emerald green are considered Christmasy colors and after the first of the year they discontinue a lot of the Christmasy colors untill the next Christmas. I know they say to buy all your yarn for a project at once, but sometimes we just underestimate what we'll need! I've done that many times only to find that the one I need has been either temporarily or permanently discontinued.

Good luck with your search!

I did email them. They don't have any and informed me that it has been discontinued. Christmas is not the only time we need green. So far, Red Heart is the only company where you can get green all year and I don't like the feel of their yarn. The yarn companies need to be more realistic. Thanks for trying. The design was made on the assumption that someone would have the green that goes with all the other (readily available) colors in Embroidery Print.

Go to Ravelry.com. You have to register, but it's free. They have an area where people have yarns are available for sale or trade. Good luck.

I am running into the same problem, though I have looked online. I have a project going with "Forest Floor" and they discontinued it. However while scouring the inter-webs, I happened to stumble across a little nugget. The Kelly Green can be found in one pound. In fact through that site, there are quite a few colours.

Consumer Advice Product FinderFebruary 10, 2010
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
knitting needles
Using Eyelash Yarn
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
Trellis Yarn Necklace
Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry