Clothing StainsCleaning

White Spot on Denim

My son had gum on his jeans. He got the gum off, but it left a stain. I used a stain remover, but after washing now there is a white stain can this be fixed?

By Grady from CA

Answers

If the white stain is small you can try coloring it in with a magic marker (Sharpie). It won't be perfect but it's better than a white spot.

I had an oil stain on denim. I was able to remove the stain, but it left a big white spot. It is dark grey heather denim. Thanks for your help!

By Jasmine from NY

Answers:

White Spot on Denim

Depending upon where the spot is, believe it or not, I have had success in using eyeshadow in the appropriate color to blend in spots. It has to be redone or touched up after washings, but you can get a good blend and might be able to save the pants. (02/04/2010)

By pamphyila

White Spot on Denim

Try a permanent marker if it is a small spot, if it's a large one use a motif. I used a black marker on a black jeans and it worked. (02/04/2010)

By Dorty

White Spot on Denim

You can also try finding a crayon that matches. They have crayola crayons that become permanent after ironing it into the fabric. I have used a regular crayon and then ironed it in using newspaper or wax paper under the area and on top of the crayon to keep your iron clean.

You can bring the jeans with you to a large store such as Walmart or Joann's and see if they have the right color of crayon or Rit dye by matching it on the spot so you don't have to guess!

You can also try mixing up food coloring with white vinegar {just as if you were dying Easter eggs} and sponging it on the spot. Good luck. (02/08/2010)

By wolfbytez

White Spot on Denim

If all else fails, embroider over it. That's what I did on a pair of stained white pants. When you use crayons, the colors can fade faster or be uneven in color and you may not get all the wax out even with the multiple iron/paper towel method to remove it. (02/25/2010)

By spiritph