Alumni Tent at Grade School Festival

My grade school is having a very big festival and I will be helping out with the alumni tent. I was needing some suggestions on things to have in the tent. I am completely clueless. Any suggestions?

By shirlsue from Indianapolis, IN

You could put some pictures in frames and place them on tables in the tent, pictures of the school, people, and memories. :) Have a great time!

I suggest you ask someone that has done this before, good luck.

Ask for pictures and/or other items from others who have attended this school in the past. Copy these. Cut out and put the "funniest" ones on poster board. Especially if there are any "famous" people who attended the school. For instance, the mayor of your town, a popular basketball player, the manager of the local grocery store, and so on.

Find photos of teachers from years ago up to now. Post their photos too. Some people will not recognize the older teachers, and others will not know the newest teachers.

If there was a school mascot, try to locate a photo of this too. It doesn't need to be the exact one. If it is a tiger, just find a tiger photo and enlarge it. Everybody seems to be loyal to their mascot, no matter what it was.

If the school was started in the 50's or 60's, you can find photos of the clothing styles, the cars people drove, the most popular colors that year, and so on. What was the most popular television shows.

Talk to some of the "older" folks that attended school there. Often they have great stories to share about the school.

Lots of luck!

If you can obtain a yearbook from your graduation year and current photos of people featured in that yearbook as a kind of "where are they now" thing, I think that would be cool.

Holidays and Parties Parties School ReunionJuly 26, 2009
8th Graders
8th Grade Graduation Party Ideas
Cleaning a Tent, Tent in wet conditions
Cleaning a Tent
Blue and Yellow Dome Tent
Buying a Tent
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent