Uses For Hydrogen Peroxide

contest winner icon

Peroxide is cheaper than bleach, healthier for you, and kills bacteria. Check out these options:

Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out to cure canker sores, and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash.

Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.

Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

Spray a 50/50 mixture on feet with fungus (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day.

Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and Water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or other disinfectants will.

When you have a cold, tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a tissue.

If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help get rid of boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

Add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour it directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

Use peroxide to clean mirrors - no smearing.

It's great is for bathroom clean ups; if someone has been careless and has peed on the floor around the toilet. Just put some peroxide in a spray bottle and spray. Any smell will be gone and the bacteria eliminated!

By bkvander from WI

H2o2 can create an envirnment where bacteria have a hard time living but it does not kill all bacteria. Hospitals do not use it to create sterile fields. Alcohol is used there. When you get a shot your arm is not rubbed with H2o2 but with an alcohol swab. I am not saying it is not a good product and it has many uses. Removing blood from garments for one. But it does not kill germs it just helps to wash them away.

I routinely use it in a cup to soak my toothbrushes in also. I started doing this when a virus seemed to ping-pong back and forth between my husband and myself. I did everything I could think of, including change our toothbrushed every week so we wouldn't reinfect ourselves, to no avail. Soaking the toothbrushes in peroxide worked and I've been doing it ever since. I use ceramic cups and keep them in the medicine cabinet, away from light. The peroxide will buble when I put my toothbrush in and when I brush my teeth, so it's easy to tell that it is still working. And, yes, it does kill germs and bacteria. A strong variety is sold commercially as a disinfectant.

When you copy from a site, you must list the site where you got the info or it is considered plagiarism.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hydrogen-peroxide.htm

A word of caution about using hydrogen peroxide as a mouth wash and even using toothpastes or mouthwashes that contain peroxide! Doing so can cause Black Hairy Tongue for some people and needs antibiotics to help get rid of it!

My doctor also told me it is good to put a drop or two in your ears,as it helps to remove the wax.

When using this as a mouthwash, make it a 50/50 solution of peroxide mixed with water. also, this should be done prior to brushing. It does work great at catching any food particles in between teeth and in the gum line.

As for using it in the nose, just use a saline spray instead. They are inexpensive and work great.

Used it today (12/29/10) after reading the post and I was amazed. I have food grade (35%), which is WAY too strong as is and has to be diluted, which I did. I diluted and sprayed on my kitchen sinks and other surfaces. Also used on my feet and they are so soft! Will be doing some of these things on a regular basis in the future, thanks for the reminder!

"Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily,"......10 minutes?

I have been using peroxide as a mouth wash for 40 years, but I try to limit the time in my mouth to just a minute or so. 10 minutes, for me, would be painful.

December 14, 2010 Flag

I need a list of peroxide uses. I see lots of posts, but does anyone have a comprehensive list of all the peroxide uses?

By twilightgift from Forks, WA

Answers:

Peroxide Uses

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/HealingTechniques/hydrogen_peroxide_uses.htm or search for your question, good luck. (07/13/2009)

By kffrmw88

Peroxide Uses

Ordinary drug store hydrogen Peroxide is both a mild bleach and an antiseptic - as such it has numerous uses - (1) to bleach fabric (with heat from an iron), to lighten hair etc. and (2) to use to dry out pimples and skin inflammation, to put into deep cuts/wounds (the bubbles help clean them out), to use diluted as mouthwash w/1/2 water, and to put directly on swollen gums and can mildly bleach teeth w/daily use- That's what I use it for! (07/13/2009)

By pamphyila

Peroxide Uses

If you study these three links you could come up with a comprehensive list and include truth and fiction ;-) Submit in The Thrifty Fun Tip Contest when completed and you might just win ;-)

http://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com/

http://www.foodgradeh2o2.com/

(07/15/2009)

By Deeli

Peroxide Uses

I got this from my sister a couple of years ago: Benefits of Peroxide

"I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars."

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe). No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle)

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of "Peroxide" to keep them free of germs.

3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your
dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria!

5. I had fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses.
It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.

9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into
your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it's not a drastic change.

11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there
is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.

I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be without! With prices of most necessities rising,
I'm glad there's a way to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner. (07/16/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Peroxide Uses

I use peroxide for removing spots on my carpet. Pour or spray a little on the spot and let it sit for a few minutes. (07/16/2009)

By Hate Litter

Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide
Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide
Consumer Advice General AdviceDecember 14, 2010
T-shirt with ketchup, chocolate, and coffee stains on it
Using Hydrogen Peroxide as a Stain Remover
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Cleaning With Hydrogen Peroxide
Cleaning With Hydrogen Peroxide
Adult using a dropper to insert liquid into ear
Using Hydrogen Peroxide For Ear Wax
🎄